Discover Jewish-Czech history and cultural heritage by visiting the Jewish Museum Complex in Prague. Visit the Spanish Synagogue. Extended options: visit the Old Jewish Cemetery, the Synagogues of Maisel and Pinkas, and the Old Jewish Quarter.
- Visit the Jewish Museum Complex with Skip-the-Line Tickets and a Jewish History Expert-Guide
- Discover the treasures of the Spanish Synagogue and the Guttman Gallery
- Visit the Old Jewish Cemetery (only in 3, 4 and 6-hours options)
- See monuments at the Pinkas and Maisel Synagogues (only in 5 and 6-hours options)
- Explore Prague’s Jewish Quarter and the Old Town (only in 6-hours options)
The Jewish Museum in Prague is one of the world’s largest and best-preserved Jewish museums, consisting of several synagogues and Jewish heritage sites. Join an Expert Guide on the most comprehensive tour of the Jewish Museum complex to immerse yourself in almost 1,000 years of Jewish history, culture and heritage. Follow the story of Jews in Czech Republic from the early Middle Ages, through WWII, to the present day.
Choose the 2-hour option to visit the main branch of the Jewish Museum. This includes the Spanish Synagogue and the Robert Guttmann Gallery, which is housed in the former Jewish hospital. Thanks to skip-the-line tickets you can skim the long queues to the ticket office and head straight for the entrance of the Spanish Synagogue.
This beautiful Moorish-style place of worship displays a permanent exhibition on the Jewish-Czech history from the 18th century Enlightenment period to today Its collection consists of Judaica (Jewish ceremonial art), Jewish objects, books, and a copious archive of Czech and Moravian Jewish community stories. You will also visit the Guttmann Gallery, which houses works of art by a Jewish naïve artist and a fervent Zionist, Robert Guttmann. There are also temporary exhibitions on various themes related to the Jewish history and culture in Czech Republic.
Choose the 3-hour option to also visit the Old Jewish Cemetery, which is the world’s oldest surviving Jewish burial ground. Its history can be traced back to the 15th century. Experts believe that there are about 12,000 tombstones on this site, many of which are layered on top of each other due to the limited space. It’s a great place to learn more about the local Jewish community and their traditions and customs.
Choose the 4-hour option to visit 2 more branches of the Jewish Museum: the Maisals and Pinkas Synagogues. At the Maisel Synagogue you will discover some 6,000 Jewish artifacts that were stored by Nazi during WWII with an intend to turn the synagogue into a horrific ‘museum for an extinct race’. You can learn more about the events of WWII and the Holocaust by visiting the Pinkas Synagogue, which houses the Memorial of Holocaust Victims of Bohemia and Moravia with 77,297 names of the concentration camp victims listed on the walls.
Choose the 6-hour option to enhance your visit to the Jewish Museum complex with a walking tour of Josefov (the Jewish Town) and the Old Town. See the historic Old-New Synagogue and the unique Jewish Town Hall from 1586. Throughout the tour, your Expert Guide will share more fascinating stories and legends related to the Jewish history and culture, such as the legend of the Golem of Prague. You will also see some highlights of Prague’s Old Town, such as the World of Frank Kafka with a memorial to this Jewish author, the famous Astronomical Clock and the Church of Our Lady before Týn.
- Private Tour of the Jewish Museum Complex (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- Licensed Jewish History Expert Guide who is fluent in your chosen language
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Spanish Synagogue and the Robert Guttmann Gallery (all options)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Old Jewish Cemetery (only 3, 4 and 6-hour options)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Maisel and Pinkas Synagogues (only 5 and 6-hour options)
- Walking tour of the Jewish Quarter and the Old Town (only in 6-hour options)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Old Jewish Cemetery (in 2-hour option)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Maisel and Pinkas Synagogues (in 2 and 3-hour options)
- Walking tour of the Jewish Quarter and the Old Town (in 2, 3 and 4-hour options)
Meet your guide by the Statue of Franz Kafka, Dušní, 110 00 Staré Město, Czechia
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Tours of the Old Jewish Cemetery, Pinkas Synagogue, Maisel Synagogue and the Old Jewish Quarter are not included in the basic 2-hour option.
Synagogues in Prague’s Jewish Town are active places of worship, and as such, interior tours during scheduled events (such as the Sabbath, worshipping services, concerts etc) are limited.
Skip-the-line Jewish Museum and Synagogues Private Tour