Discover the medieval treasury of Bohemian kings - the charming Kutna Hora. Admire the UNESCO-listed monuments such as the Sedlec Ossuary (Bone Church), the Cathedral of Assumption, the Italian Court, and the Gothic masterpiece St Barbara’s Cathedral.
- Discover the charms of the Kutna Hora with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Visit the famous Bone Church and Cemetery (Sedlec Ossuary)
- Save time with skip-the-line-tickets to St Barbara’s Cathedral
- Admire the monuments of the UNESCO-listed historic center
- Enjoy a half-day excursion with comfortable private car transportation
Join us on a tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kutna Hora. Thanks to silver mining, this charming city flourished as one of the most important Czech royal towns in the Middle Ages and home to the first Cistercian monastery in Bohemia. Discover its history, churches, palaces and other historic monuments.
The 6-hour option includes private transport direct from your accomodation in Prague, so you can enjoy a comfortable journey in a clean, air-conditioned vehicle with no other tourists. Upon arrival in Kutna Hora, your Private Guide will lead you to one of the city’s top attractions, the famous Bone Church and Cemetery (Sedlec Ossuary). It’s a small Gothic Chapel adorned with garlands of human skulls, bone chandelier, chalices and other bone ornaments. You will be surprised by the story of why the church is decorated with human remains!
Nearby you will see the magnificent Baroque-Gothic Cathedral of Assumption of Our Lady and St John the Baptist. Head to the historic center of Kutna Hora and admire the Three Kings House, decorated with fresco paints depicting Kings Wenceslaus II, Vladislaus II and Wenceslaus IV. Next to is the Italian Court – a 1400s former royal palace, and the medieval Church of St James. You will also see the early 18th century Plague Column, a Baroque-style Church of St John, the stunning Gothic Stone Fountain, the Dačického house and Hradek.
Another point of interest will be terrace of the Jesuit College with 13 statues of saints, reminiscent of the Charles Bridge in Prague. At its far end you will see the spectacular Late Gothic jewel of Kutna Hora, the Cathedral of St Barbara. With skip-the-line tickets you can jump ahead of the queue and enter the cathedral without waiting. Inside you will admire the beautiful stained-glass windows and medieval frescoes depicting the secular life of the medieval mining town and religious themes. At the end of the tour, your 5-Star Driver will drive you back to your accommodation in Prague.
- Half-day trip from Prague to the historic Kutna Hora by Private Car
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Sedlec Ossuary
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Cathedral of St Barbara
- Private transport with a pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Prague
- Lunch (optional)
Pickup and drop off at your accommodation in Prague.
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
- During the tour, lunch can be arranged upon your request
- Please note that Sedlec Ossuary is closed on Dec 24 so there will be no tour inside of the chapel
Prague to Kutna Hora Private Trip by Car