Prague’s Top-ranked Churches Private Walking Tour
Discover the architecture, art and cultural heritage of the most beautiful churches, basilicas and cathedrals in Prague’s Lesser Town, and visit the Church of Our Lady Victorious. Extended options: tickets to Church of St Nicholas and St Vitus Cathedral.
- Discover the most outstanding Churches in Prague with a 5-Star Private Guide
- Visit the Church of Our Lady Victorious and see its famous statue of Jesus Christ
- See Prague Castle and its prized jewel: St Vitus Cathedral
- Marvel at the High Baroque interiors of St Nicholas Church (only in 3 and 4-hour options)
- Enjoy a tour of St Vitus Cathedral and St George’s Basilica (only in 4-hour option)
Join this exclusive tour to discover why Prague is known as the “city of a hundred spires.” See the most outstanding churches, basilicas and cathedrals in the Lesser Town and learn about their role in preserving the history and cultural heritage of Czech Republic. Let us show you some of the most beautiful buildings in Prague!
The 2-hour tour includes a visit to 2 churches in Prague’s Lesser Town, starting with the Church of Our Lady Victorious and The Infant Jesus of Prague. This 17th-century Baroque/Renaissance-style church is a popular place of pilgrimage thanks to a famous statue of baby Jesus. The church museum displays historical dresses of the Infant Jesus, including the ones donated by Empress Maria Theresa, Paulo Coelho and Pope Benedict XVI.
Follow your Private Guide along the charming streets of the Lesser Town to learn more about the city’s religious heritage and see 3 Baroque churches: St Thomas, St Joseph and St Nicholas with the Column of the Holy Trinity. From there you will walk towards the magnificent Prague Castle complex to see the remarkable St Vitus Cathedral. Marvel at its twin Gothic spires, ornate carvings, and the Golden Gate with a mosaic depicting the events of the Last Judgment. As part of this tour, you can take a peek inside this national monument to feel its soul-inspiring atmosphere and learn why it is one of the most important buildings in all of Prague.
Choose the 3-hour tour to visit 3 churches, including the Church of St Nicholas, which is considered to be a ‘High Baroque pearl’ of Prague. Discover the most expensive interiors filled with stunning marble and copper statues, frescoes and paintings by the best European artists of the 18th century. It is a treasure trove of sacred art! The guide will share with you the detailed history of the church, including the story of when W. A. Mozart played the main organ, which has over 4,000 pipes.
Choose the 4-hour option for additional skip-the-line tickets to Prague Castle that will allow you to visit all parts of St Vitus Cathedral as well the Basilica of St George. During this tour you can fully admire the Cathedral’s interior with the colorful stained-glass windows, elaborate frescoes, richly decorated chapels, and crypts with tombs of Bohemian kings and emperors. You can also visit St George’s Basilica, a 10th century Baroque church that houses a gallery of Bohemian art. After the guided tour, you can also explore the rest of the castle complex on your own, including the Old Royal palace and the Golden Lane.
- Private Tour of Top-ranked Churches in Prague’s Lesser Town (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Expert Guide who is fluent in your chosen language
- Free admission to Church of Our Lady Victorious and St Vitus Cathedral
- Entrance fee to St Nicholas Church (only in 3 and 4-hour options)
- Skip-the-line tickets to St Vitus Cathedral and St George’s Basilica (only in 4-hour option)
- Entrance fee to St Nicholas Church (in 2-hour option)
- Tickets to St Vitus Cathedral and St George’s Basilica (in 2 and 3-hour options)
- Access to the Tower of the St Vitus Cathedral with a View Gallery
Meet your guide in front of the Mandarin Oriental, Prague, Nebovidská 459/1, 118 00 Malá Strana, Czechia. Please do not enter the hotel, it is only a meeting point .
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Tickets to the Church of St Nicholas and St Vitus Cathedral are not included in the basic 2-hour tour.
- Church tours during scheduled events (such as the daily, Sunday and holiday masses) are limited, so parts or the entire buildings may be closed on your visit.
- The 2-hour tour includes entry only to a small portion of St Vitus Cathedral that is free of charge. For a full tour of the cathedral please book a 4-hour tour, which includes skip-the-line tickets to the Prague Castle complex with access to St Vitus Cathedral, the Old Royal Palace. St George’s Basilica and the Golden Line. This ticket will allow you to skip the queue to the ticket office but not the queue to the security check, which is compulsory to enter the castle grounds. Please note that access to the Tower of the St Vitus Cathedral with a View Gallery is not included.
- The Museum of the Prague Infant Jesus in the Church of Our Lady Victorious has limited opening hours: Monday-Saturday from 9:30 am to 5 pm, Sunday from 1 pm to 6 pm. Please book your tour accordingly if you are interested in visiting the museum.
Prague’s Top-ranked Churches Private Walking Tour