Visit the Art Nouveau jewel and representative building of Prague, the Municipal House, and admire artwork by the finest Czech artists. Extended option: discover the best selected highlights of the Lesser and OldTown with a Local Guide.
- Join the official tour of the Municipal House (Obecní dům) with a 5-Star Licensed Guide
- Admire the beautiful Art Nouveau interiors, including the Smetana Hall
- Learn about the cultural and social life in Prague
- Explore Prague’s historic centre with a 5-Star Private Guide (3-hour option only)
- See the iconic Charles Bridge, Astronomical Clock and more (3-hour option only)
Join this original tour to discover the secrets of the Municipal House (Obecní dům). It is the most important and beautiful centre of culture and social life in Prague, hosting popular events, music concerts and exhibitions. Learn about its special place in the heart of Preaguers from an Expert Guide!
Choose the 1-hour guided tour of the Municipal House to see an outstanding Art Nouveau building, that is Prague’s foremost and one of the finest in Europe, inside and out. The Municipal House features a spectacular façade decorated with numerous statues and stuccos, as well as an enormous semi-circular mosaic on top of the main entrance. The venue was built as a centre of Czech cultural and social life at the turn of the 20th century and still hosts music concerts and art exhibitions.
During the tour you will discover rich history and expensive works of art. Each of the rooms is decorated by leading Czech artists and sculptors. The main highlight is the celebrated concert venue Smetana Hall, featuring a glass dome, figural paintings on the ceiling and walls, and Art Nouveau fabrics. You will also see the Confectionery, the Moravian Slovak Parlour, the Božena Němcová Parlour, the Oriental Parlour, the Grégr Hall, the Palacký Hall, the Mayor’s Hall, the Rieger Hall and the Sladkovsky Hall.
Choose the 3-hour option to enjoy a walking tour of the UNESCO-listed historic centre of Prague before your visit to the Municipal House. You will start the tour by the Column of the Holy Trinity near St Nicholas Church, which is known as the most beautiful baroque church in Prague. Follow your Private Guide to the Old Town Square and admire 30 statues depicting saints and biblical icons as you cross the iconic Charles Bridge.
In the heart of the Old Town you will admire St Nicholas Church, the Kinsky Palace and the Old Town Hall, which features the fantastic Astrological Clock. Behind the stylish House at the White Unicorn, you will see the magnificent 14th century Gothic Church of Our Lady before Týn. Walk along the Celena road to the 15th century city gate, the Powder Tower, and finally, reach the Municipal House.
- Guided Tour of the Municipal House and the historic centre of Prague (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- Tickets for the official tour of the Municipal House led by a Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice (all options)
- Walking tour of the Old Town led by a 5-Star Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice (3-hour option only)
- Lots of information’s about Czech history, culture and art
- Walking tour of the Old Town led by a 5-Star Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice (1-hour option)
Meet your guide in front of main enterence of the Municipal House, nám. Republiky 5, 111 21 Staré Město, Czechia
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour in order to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Walking tour of the Lesser and Old Town is not included in the basic 1-hour option.
- Please arrive on time, as there are time slots to enter some attractions.
Municipal House and Prague's Old Town Private Tour