Meet Lübeck city, known also as the City of Seven Towers. Walk around and see multiple amazing churches such as Lübeck Cathedral, Marienkirche or St. Peter’s Church. Enjoy great commentary from local Expert-guide.
- Explore the highlights of Lübeck during the tour led by a licensed guide
- Learn the history of Lübeck as well as the traditions and customs of Germans
- Admire the architecture of beautiful Old Town with Lübeck Cathedral, Rathaus and Marienkirche
- Visit St. Jakobi Church with fantastic organs, enter the Holstentor and meet local history better
- Enjoy a private tour only with your family and friends
Discover the highlights of Lübeck city, hear true and fascinating local history. Walk around Old Town and see Top Attractions with a bunch of hidden gems. Follow your private guide and see the picturesque Old Town which is located on the small island with easy access on foot.
During the 2-hours tour you will explore Lübeck and see strong Defense City Walls with multiple towers and gates, like the famous Holstentor. You will pass a row of riverside salt warehouses from the XVI century. Admire St. Peter’s Church with stunning tower, marvel at amazing Rathaus building and Town Hall. See St. Mary’s Church (Marienkirche) and hear its turbulent history and fascinating legend related to this place. Go and visit St. Jakobi Church, look at the organs and details of the marine character of this church. At the end see Drehbrücke – historic bridge.
If you choose the 3-hours option you will also have a visit at St. Mary’s Church. It’s worth to see this huge interior, especially the Astronomical Clock and medieval paintings and sculptures discovered after War bombing. Also see monumental Lübeck Cathedral where inside you will find amazing chapels with sacred art and unique historic clocks.
Extend to a 4-hours tour and visit the Holstentor. It is the proud symbol of the history of Lübeck as an empire-free city and its supremacy in the Baltic Sea region. The exhibition introduces you to the places where the long-distance merchant worked, the history of the city, its topography and architecture. In addition, it looks at seafaring, market events and law in the Middle Ages.
- Private walking tour in Lübeck led by licensed guide
- Visit at St. Jakobi Church
- Entrance ticket to St. Mary’s Church (only in 3 and 4-hours options)
- Entrance ticket to Holstentor (only in 4-hours option)
- Tour program adapted to the preferences of the group
- Tips about local restaurants, patisserie, pubs
- Hotel pickup from hotels besides Lübeck Old Town
- Entrance fee to Observation Tower in St. Peter’s Church (3 EUR – optional)
Meet your guide in front of Museum Holstentor, Holstentorplatz, 23552 Lübeck, Germany
Meet your guide in front of Fangfrisch Lübeck, An der Untertrave 51, 23552 Lübeck, Germany
What you should know
• Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
Lübeck: Old Town Highlights Private Walking Tour