Hard-carved altar pieces and centuries-unseen altar garments are among the priceless treasures you’ll see on your privately guide tour of St. Anne’s Museum. Learn about life in medieval Lübeck on this must-see tour for any lover of sacred art!
- A Private Tour of St. Anne’s Museum with your 5-Star Expert Guide
- View the largest collection of sacred art in Germany
- Learn about how the residents of Lubeck lived during the Middle Ages
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the old Hanseatic City of Lubeck on an optional 2-hour walking tour with a Private, Licensed Guide
- Adjustable pace set by the group – your Experienced Guide will answer all of your questions and adjust the pace to fit the group’s needs
During your 2-hour exclusive tour of St. Anne’s Museum with your Private, Experienced Guide will allow you to get up close and personal with hand-carved altar pieces from as early as the 15th century! You’ll see these stunning carved and painted polyptychs as your Expert Guide provides the historical backstories to these pieces by artists such as Hans Memling, Herman Rode, and Henning von der Heide.
You’ll learn about life behind the walls of the houses historic Lubeck as you walk through displays of authentic medieval home interiors.
You can marvel at the beauty and remarkable craftsmanship of the hand embroidered paraments, or alter clothing, as you visit the Chamber of Paraments. These paraments we found in the late 19th century after being hidden in drawers since the 13th century. In addition, your Private Guide will give you a detailed history of St. Anne’s Monastery, including its infamous past as poorhouse, prison, and maybe even a brothel!
By extending your tour to the 4-hour option, you’ll experience St. Anne’s Museum and also sightsee during a 2-hour walking tour of historic Lubeck, where your Knowledgeable Guide will bring to life such places as the Holsten Gate, Lubeck Cathedral, and St. Peter’s Church among others. You’ll discover the history of this UNESCO World Heritage Site town as your Private Guide shares the past of this Hanseatic City.
- Privately guided tour of St. Anne’s Museum and sightseeing of historic Lubeck
- 5-Star Guide with Official German License who speaks the group’s chosen language fluently
- Entrance tickets to St. Anne’s Museum (2 and 4-hour options)
- 2-hour guided walking tour of historic Lubeck (4-hour option)
- Adjustable pace of the tour – your Guide will adjust the pace accordingly based of the group’s needs
Meet your guide in front of the main entrance to St. Anne's Museum
What you should know
- St. Anne’s Museum is closed on Mondays – please book your tour accordingly
- Please check your email the day before your trip to receive important information
- Please be on time – to ensure that our group can explore the museum for our entire allotted time
St. Anne's Museum - Medieval Sacred Art with a Private Guide