Krakow Wawel Cathedral Private Tour with Tickets
Discover the artistic and royal heritage of Wawel Cathedral on a private tour with a Licensed Guide and skip-the-line tickets. Admire the beautiful chapels and climb up the tower. Extended options: visit also the Wawel Castle State Rooms and Treasury.
• Visit the important cathedral in Poland, the Wawel Cathedral, with a 5-Star Expert Guide
• See the famous Sigismund’s Chapel, Sigismund’s Bell, and tombs of important historical figures
• Learn about medieval history, Polish monarchs, sacred art, and more
• Save time with skip-the-line tickets to the Wawel Castle State Rooms (3 and 4-hour options only)
• Discover royal treasures in the Crown Treasury (4-hour option only)
A visit to Wawel Cathedral is one of the best things to do in Krakow. On this tour, we offer you the service of a Private Licensed Guide and skip-the-line tickets for the best experience possible, tailored to your needs and interests and without wasting time in long lines at the ticket office. Discover with us the secrets of Wawel Hill!
Choose the 2-hour option for a guided tour of Wawel Hill with skip-the-line tickets to Wawel Cathedral. The Cathedral is part of the Wawel Castle Complex situated on Wawel Hill, one of the most significant places in Polish history. Your Expert Guide will tell you the history of Wawel Cathedral from the time of its construction in the 11th century, sharing also interesting facts about its unique Gothic architecture with the iconic 3 towers and a gold dome of Sigismund’s Chapel.
The interior of Wawel Cathedral will amaze you with its gilded altar and Renaissance paintings and sculptures. Explore the impressive nave with richly decorated aisles, choir, royal chapels and crypts while learning about Polish kings, national heroes, generals and revolutionaries who are buried in or under the cathedral. Immerse yourself in stories about the Queen Jadwiga, Tadeusz Kościuszko, Adam Mickiewicz, and more. Your Private Guide will also show you other highlights of Wawel Hill, such as the 4th century archaeological site, defensive walls, and Wawel Royal Castle (outside only).
Choose the 3-hour option to visit Wawel Cathedral and the State Rooms of Wawel Royal Castle. This is your chance to discover more history, royal heritage and art without waiting in long lines, as skip-the-line tickets to both attractions are included. The State Rooms are some of the most visited parts of the Renaissance castle on Wawel Hill. They are full of expensive paintings, antique furniture, beautiful tapestries, coffered ceilings and other interesting elements. Enjoy the splendour of Wawel Castle and learn about the famous Jagiellonian dynasty!
Choose the 4-hour option to visit Wawel Cathedral and the Crown Treasury and State Rooms of Wawel Royal Castle with skip-the-line tickets. The treasure vault features on display priceless objects and memorabilia of Polish monarchs that survived splunder. Highlights include the coronation sword Szczerbiec, the hat and sword given to John III Sobieski by the pope, a unique 16th-century child armour belonging to Sigismund Augustus, and more. Come and see some of the most important national treasures of Poland!
- Private Tour of the Wawel Castle Complex with Wawel Cathedral, State Rooms and Treasury (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice
- Skip-the-line tickets to Wawel Cathedral (all options)
- Skip-the-line ticket to Wawel Castle State Rooms (3 and 4-hour options only)
- Skip-the-line ticket to Crown Treasury (4-hour option only)
- Skip-the-line ticket to Wawel Castle State Rooms (in 2-hour options)
- Skip-the-line ticket to Crown Treasury (in 2 and 3-hour options)
Meet your guide next to John Paul II Monument, Wawel 3, 31-001 Kraków Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Tickets to the State Rooms, Crown Treasury and other parts of Wawel Castle Complex are not included in the 2-hour option.
- Our tickets to Wawel Cathedral allow you to enter faster by skipping the line at the ticket office. Admission is for the Cathedral, Royal Tombs, Sigismund Bell and the Cathedral Museum. Entry during masses and special events is restricted.
- Due to limited time, you will not visit the museum on this guided tour, but you can visit it later on your own (closed on Sundays)
- You have to climb 144 stairs to reach the top of the Sigismund Tower. The staircase is narrow and has a low ceiling, so it is not easily accessible.
- Skip-the-line tickets to Wawel Castle are timed, so you can enter immediately at your reserved time slot. You cannot skip the security line.
Krakow Wawel Cathedral Private Tour with Tickets