Memories of the Cold War are still alive in Berlin. Discover the poignant history of a once divided city and learn how the life in the German Democratic Republic looked like from your Private 5-Stars Guide.
- Discover the traces of the Cold War left in Berlin with a 5-Stars Guide
- Visit historical sites as Checkpoint Charlie, the Berlin Wall Memorial, Potsdamer Platz and Friedrichstrasse Station
- Explore the last remains of the Berlin Wall and learn about the life in a divided city
- Hear the fascinating facts and history from your Expert Guide
- Enjoy exclusive walking tour with Private Guide who will adjust tempo and information as you wish
Choose our unique tour and walk aroud Berlin. This bustling city witnessed some unimaginable events. The Cold War as the prevailing state of tension between the Eastern and Western Blocks left many traces in the city. Discover the real history and learn more about the causes of the division of Berlin.
Start your walking tour and passing by many historical places, hear the fascinating stories from your Expert Guide. Visit the Checkpoint Charlie, which was the best-known Berlin Wall crossing point between East and West Berlin during the Cold War. Today, this site is a symbolic checkpoint carrying the memory of these important historical events.
The next stop is the Potsdamer Platz, one of the symbols of Berlin’s rebirth. The Berlin Wall passed through this square. Nowadays, the existence of the wall is only reminded of several slabs and a small exhibition. Pass by the Brandenburg Gate, which during the time of the city’s division, stood in the center of the border area and could not be crossed.
Visit the Berlin Friedrichstrasse Station. During the Cold War it became famous for being a station that was located entirely in East Berlin, but continued to be served by trains from West Berlin. The station also was a major border crossing between East and West parts of Berlin.
Expand your tour to 4-hours and visit the most important monument commemorating the division of the city, the Berlin Wall Memorial. Currently, it is the only place where we can see a fragment of the real Berlin Wall on a one-to-one scale. Take a stroll through the Memorial Park and take a moment to look at the monument built in the memory of the victims of the Berlin Wall.
- Private walking tour of Checkpoint Charlie, the Berlin Wall Memorial, Potsdamer Platz and Friedrichstrasse Station
- 5-Stars Guide with Official German License speaking fluently in a chosen language
- Visit at the Berlin Wall Memorial (in 4-hours option)
- Fascinating facts and history of Berlin during the Cold War
- Adjusted tempo an interest as it is the Private Tour
- Public transport tickets (optional)
in front of the Friedrich Schiller monument (Schillerbrunen), Gendarmenmarkt, 10117 Berlin Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please be aware that this tour involves a lot of walking so comfortable footwear and clothing will be the best choice.
- If you wish, you can travel to the Berlin Wall Memorial by public transport at your own expense.
Berlin: Cold War Walking Private Tour with Guide