Berlin: Third Reich Private Guided Tour
Visit the most important sites related to the Third Reich regime and explore the memorials for victims of war and the Holocaust. Join this thrilling tour of the most important points on the map of Berlin and discover the key moments in the German history.
- Discover the turbulent history of the Third Reich and Adolf Hitler with Expert-Guide
- Visit sites related to Nazi regime as Reichstag building, the Topography of Terror museum and Potsdamer Platz
- Explore important monuments commemorating World War II victims, as Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe and Soviet War Memorial
- Learn the poignant story of Otto Weidt at the Blindenwerkstatt Museum
- Experience an exclusive tour with Private Guide who will adjust tempo and information according to your wish
Immerse yourself in the meaningful history of the Third Reich during this unique walking tour led by 5-Stars Guide. Visit the most important places and learn the fascinating facts and significance of the events that took place during the II World War.
Meet your Private Guide in an easy-finding spot and start your tour by visiting the Topography of Terror museum with its three permanent poignant exhibitions. It is located on the site of the headquarters of the Gestapo and the SS, the main tools of repression during the Nazi period. As you walk around Potsdamer Platz, you will learn from your Expert Guide how much this square was damaged due to bombing and shelling during the war. At the end of the war, the square became a place where the boundaries of the American, British and Soviet Allied zones collided.
You will visit the famous Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, which commemorates the victims of the Holocaust. This remarkable place consisting of 2,711 concrete slabs was built in order to keep in living memory the unimaginable events from German history. Pass by the Reichstag building, the former and present building of the German parliament and learn the important story of the events of 1933, the Reichstag Fire and the Nazi seizure of power. Admire The Soviet War Memorial, which is one of several war memorials in Berlin erected by the Soviet Union to commemorate its war soldiers.
If you want to discover even more history, choose the 5-hour tour option. Walk down the Friedrichstrasse, one of the most famous streets in Berlin, and see the monument named Trains to Life – Trains to Death commemorating children as victims of the Holocaust. Visit Spandauer Vorstadt, the Jewish Quarter, and the New Synagogue, which is an important place in the history of Kristallnacht. The solid structure of the building survived, despite being set on fire by the Nazis. Learn more about Jewish history visiting Otto Weidt’s Blindenwerkstatt. This museum tells the story of Otto Weidt who employed mostly blind and deaf Jewish workers in his workshop during the II World War.
- Private walking tour of Topography of Terror, Reichstag building, Potsdamer Platz, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe and Soviet War Memorial
- 5-Stars Guide with Official German License speaking fluently in chosen language
- Visit to the Jewish Quarter and Blindenwerkstatt Museum (in 5-hours option)
- Fascinating facts and history of Berlin during Third Reich regime
- Adjusted tempo and interest as it is the Private Tour
In front of the Typisch Berlin cafe, Wilhelmstraße 42, 10963 Berlin. Please do not enter the cafe, it is only the meeting point and the staff is not informed about the tour. Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
- Photo credits: Photo nr 8 Avi1111 dr. avishai teicher, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons. More details in Terms and conditions.
- Photo credits: Photo nr 9 Jean-Pierre Dalbéra from Paris, France, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons. No changes were made to the photos. More details in Terms and conditions.
Berlin: Third Reich Private Guided Tour