Discover Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau, a hidden gem of Barcelona's modernist architecture. Explore the former Art Nouveau hospital with a Local Guide. Optional: private car transfers and La Sagrada Familia skip-the-line tickets.
- Visit the Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau with a Catalan Architecture Expert-Guide
- Save time with skip-the-line tickets to this unique attraction
- Explore ornate hospital buildings and learn about the 20th century healthcare
- Visit the iconic La Sagrada Familia with skip-the-line tickets (4- and 5-hour options only)
- Book private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3- and 5-hour options only)
Many tourists miss out on visiting Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau, but it’s a must see if you are a fan of Art Nouveau architecture or medicine. Discover a complex of unique modernist buildings and learn about the history of medicine at the former Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau. Take advantage of skip-the-line tickets to save time and enjoy a private experience of one of Barcelona’s most unique attractions!
Book this 2-hour tour to explore the gardens and buildings of the former Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, which now operates as an architecture and medicine museum. Built at the beginning of the 20th century, the complex of 27 medical pavilions and the main administrative building amazes its visitors with its ornate Moorish roofs and Art Nouveau stonework that resemble a charming small village rather than a hospital. The Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau was recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1997, and welcomed sick patients until 2009.
The exteriors and interiors alike feature colorful ceramics and allegorical sculptures of saints and biblical figures, and allow for the natural light and ventilation to create a healthy and healing atmosphere. In addition to admiring the smart Catalan Modernism design by Lluis Domenech I Montaner, you will enjoy the displays of authentic medical equipment and explanations of treatment practices. Explore the ornate patient rooms and the operating theaters to imagine what 20th century healthcare looked like. Don’t miss out on this unusual experience!
Choose the 3-hour option to enjoy a guided tour of the Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau with an additional service of private car transfers, including pickup and drop-off at your accommodation. This option includes a 1-hour round-trip transfer to make it easier for you to reach the museum from any location in Barcelona. We will organize a private driver and a car suitable for the size of your group.
Book a 4-hour tour to visit 2 great examples of Barcelona’s modernist architecture: Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau and the Basilica de La Sagrada Familia. For your convenience, skip-the-line tickets to both attractions are included in this extended tour. Take this chance to learn about the architect Antoni Gaudi’s most ambitious project and explore the nooks and crannies of La Sagrada Familia with an Expert Guide. Experience the best of Catalan architecture in a day!
Choose the 5-hour option to book a 1-hour round-trip transfer and a 4-hour guided tour of the Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau and La Sagrada Familia. With private car transfers you will be able to relax and rest after your extended walking tour. Both pickup and drop-off at your accommodation are included so you can enjoy a hassle-free experience.
- Private Architecture Tour of Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau and La Sagrada Familia (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking
- Skip-the-line tickets to Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau (all options)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Basilica de La Sagrada Familia (4- and 5-hour options only)
- Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3- and 5-hour options only)
- Access to the Towers of La Sagrada Familia
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Basilica de La Sagrada Familia (in 2 and 3-hour options)
- Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (in 2 and 4-hour options)
Meet your guide in front of Tapan Musical Center, Carrer de Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 226, 08025 Barcelona, Spain (in 2 and 4-hour options)
Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Barcelona (3- and 5-hour options only)
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the option selected. Private transfers and La Sagrada Familia are not included in a 2-hour tour.
- Skip-the-line tickets are reserved for a specific time slot, so it’s important to arrive at the meeting point on time. You will save time by skipping the line at the ticket office, but there may be a queue to get in due to large crowds and mandatory security checks.
- Guided tours inside La Sagrada Familia during masses and special events are limited. Admission to the basilica’s towers is not included in this tour.
- The 3 and 5-hour options include an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer between the meeting point and the accommodation address provided when booking. Please note that the transfer time quoted is for information purposes only and can take longer or shorter depending on the distance and traffic.
- Private transfers include pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Barcelona. We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a larger van for groups of 5 people and more. If you’re traveling in a smaller group but want to travel in a more spacious car, we recommend booking a 5-people tour to take advantage of a larger vehicle.
- For the convenience of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests, so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well. The price will be higher if you need more than 1 guide.
Skip-the-line Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau Private Tour