Barcelona Old Town Highlights Private Walking Tour
Immerse yourself in Barcelona’s history and legends as you explore the Old Town with a Private Guide. See La Monumental, the Palace of Catalan Music, Arco de Triunfo, and more. Extended options: visit La Sagrada Familia and Santa Maria del Mar.
- Discover the highlights of Barcelona’s Old Town with a 5-Star Local Guide
- Admire the city’s unique architecture and immerse yourself in local history and legends
- Explore the Gothic Quarter and see the Cathderal of Barcelona (3-, 4- and 6-hour tours only)
- Enjoy the views from the roof terrace of the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar (4- and 6-hour tours only)
- Avoid the long lines to La Sagrada Familia with skip-the-line tickets (6-hour tour only)
Explore the Catalan history, culture and art with an expert History Guide! On this walking tour of the Old Town we will show you the most historically and architecturally important monuments of Barcelona. Enjoy a private experience tailored to your needs and interests. Discover the best things to do and see in Barcelona!
Book a 2-hour tour to see the best selected highlights of Barcelona’s Old Town. Your Private Guide will meet you in the Eixample district, known for its characteristic strict grid street plan. Here, you will see the city’s most prominent landmark, the spectacular La Sagrada Familia Basilica by Antoni Gaudi. Another place of interest will be the art nouveau La Monumental, which used to host the infamous bullfighting events that the Spanish culture is known for. You will pass Arco de Triunfo and enter the Gothic Quarter, which is the oldest part of the city. Explore its narrow, winding streets and listen to Barcelona’s history and legends. The tour will end in front of the ornate Palau de la Música Catalana, the best place to discover Catalan music.
Book a 3-hour tour to see more of Barcelona! On this extended tour you will discover the heart of the Gothic Quarter with the imposing Gothic Cathedral of Barcelona and discover the ruins of an ancient Roman city with its walls, gates and towers. With your Private Guide, you will not miss any of its hidden gems, such as Bishop’s Bridge, Sant Felip Neri Square and Plaça de Sant Jaume with the town hall and Palau de la Generalitat.
Book a 4-hour tour to enrich your experience with a visit to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar. Skip-the-line tickets are included to avoid wasting time standing in line at the ticket office. This 14th-century Catalan Gothic church is rich in history and art. It will surprise you with its purity and unity of style unusual for such a large medieval building. The guide will explain why Santa Maria del Mar is known locally as the “church of the poor” and tell you the legend of Santa Maria by the Sea. You will explore the basilica’s 3 naves, crypt, stands and roof terraces that offer amazing views of the Old Town!
Book a 6-hour tour to see the best of Barcelona’s Old Town and visit the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar and La Sagrada Familia with skip-the-line tickets, allowing you to save time and dodge the crowds at the city’s top-ranked attraction. The 1880s Basilica of La Sagrada Familia is still under construction, partly due to the delays caused by the Spanish Civil War, however its magnificent Gothic and curvilinear Art Nouveau form is still absolutely heart-striking. Antoni Gaudi’s phenomenal design will astonish you with the richness and intricacy inspired by nature and enhanced with the vibrant light that streams through the stained glass panels. It’s a must-see in Barcelona!
- Private Walking Tour of Barcelona’s Old Town and Top Attractions (number of attractions depends on the option selected)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice
- Extended tour of the Gothic Quarter (3-, 4- and 6-hour tours only)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar with roof terrace (4- and 6-hour tours only)
- Skip-the-line tickets to La Sagrada Familia Basilica (6-hour tour only)
- Extended tour of the Gothic Quarter (in 2-hour tour)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar (in 2- and 3-hour tours)
- Skip-the-line tickets to La Sagrada Familia Basilica (in 2-, 3- and 4-hour tours)
Meet your guide in front of the Burger King restaurant (next to Sagrada Família Subway Station), Carrer de la Marina, 255, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the option selected. The 2-hour option excludes an extended walking tour of the Gothic Quarter and tickets to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar and La Sagrada Familia.
- Guided tours inside the churches during masses and scheduled events are limited. If entry is not possible, the guide will provide all information outside.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar provide faster entry without queuing at the ticket office, but you may have to wait for ticket validation. Admission includes the basilica with the crypt, stand and roof terrace.
- Skip-the-line tickets to La Sagrada Familia grant you immediate entry at your booked time, without waiting in line at the ticket office. You may have to wait in line for mandatory security checks. Admission to the basilica’s towers is excluded. Parts of the church may be closed due to construction works.
- 2- and 3-hour tours: for the comfort of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests. If there are 26-50 people in your group, we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well.
- 4- and 6-hour tours: due to the basilica’ rules, 1 licensed guide can show a group of 1-15 people, so the price of the tour will be higher if you need more than 1 guide. For 16-30 people we will provide service of 2 licensed guides.
Barcelona Old Town Highlights Private Walking Tour