Barcelona Gothic Quarter Private Walking Tour
Discover historical treasures hidden in a maze of narrow streets of the Gothic Quarter. See the city harbor, La Rambla and unique Gothic and Roman monuments. Optional: visit the Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar and Barcelona Cathedral.
- Explore Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter with a 5-Star Local Guide
- Immerse yourself in the rich history and cultural heritage of Catalonia
- Discover the rare remnants of the ancient Roman walls and towers
- Admire the city’s skyline from the towers of the Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar (3- and 4-hour tours only)
- Visit the gorgeous Cathedral of Barcelona with skip-the-line tickets (4-hour tour only)
Immerse yourself in the rich history, legends and best-kept secrets of the Gothic Quarter with a Licensed Guide who will uncover Barcelona’s Roman, medieval and Jewish heritage with you. Explore the labyrinthine streets and lively squares often filled with live music and unique vintage shops, and feel the magical atmosphere of this historic and cultural district. Let us take you on an adventure!
Book our 2-hour walking tour to see the best selected highlights of the Gothic Quarter, Barcelona’s oldest neighborhood. Your guided tour will begin in the city harbor on a popular promenade lined with moored ships, elegant townhouses, sculptures and palm trees. Together with your Private Guide you will explore the narrow, winding alleys of the Gothic Quarter and discover its hidden treasures.
You will see the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar, the ruins of the ancient Roman city walls with defensive towers and aqueducts, and the soaring Barcelona Cathedral with a roof featuring gargoyles in the form of a wide range of domestic and mythical animals. The tour will continue down the charming Carrer del Bisbe (Bishop’s street), featuring the iconic neo-Gothic Bishop’s Bridge, and stop at the prestigious city square Plaça de Sant Jaume, where you can see Palau de la Generalitat and the City Hall. Other places of interest include the lively street La Rambla, Plaça Reial and Güell Palace designed by Antoni Gaudi.
Choose the 3-hour option to enhance your guided tour of the Gothic Quarter with a visit to the Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar (Saint Mary of the Sea) with skip-the-line tickets to avoid the crowds. This Gothic church inspired the best-selling novel “Cathedral of the Sea”. Built in the 14th century in a relatively short period of time, the basilica pleases the eye with its purity and unity of style. Walk in through the ornate portal and admire the beautiful rosetta and stained-glass windows, high octagonal pairs of columns and a few small chapels. In addition, the guide will take you to the roof terrace which offers a picturesque view of Barcelona and the Balearic Sea.
Choose the 4-hour option to also visit the famous Cathedral of Barcelona. We provide skip-the-line tickets and audio guide to ensure a hassle-free experience . This is your chance to step inside one of Barcelona’s most important churches and discover its Gothic treasures. See the famous Chapel of the Holy Sacrament and of the Holy Christ of Lepanto, the medieval art gallery in the Chapter Hall and a secluded Gothic cloister where 13 white geese are kept, and hear the tragic story of the Cathedral’s patron Saint Eulalia.
- Private Walking Tour of the Gothic Quarter with tickets to Santa Maria del Mar Basilica and Barcelona Cathedral (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language chosen when booking
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar with rooftop access (3 and 4-hour options only)
- Skip-the-line tickets and audio guide to Barcelona Cathedral (4-hour option only)
- Expert commentary on the history, culture and architecture of Barcelona
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar with rooftop access (in 2-hour option)
- Skip-the-line tickets and audio guide to Barcelona Cathedral (in 3 and 4-hour options)
- Guided tour inside the Cathedral of Barcelona
Meet your guide next to the statue of El Cap de Barcelona, Passeig de Colom, s/n, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the option selected. Tickets to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar and Barcelona Cathedral are not included in a 2-hour tour.
- Guided tours inside the churches during masses and special events are limited. If entry is not possible, the guide will provide all information outside.
- 2-hour option: For the convenience of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests. If there are 26-50 people in your group, we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well.
- 3-hour option: we offer skip-the-line tickets and a guided tour of the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar, including the church, crypt, tribunes and rooftop terrace. You can get in at any time but there is no separate line for ticket holders. Due to the basilica’s rules, 1 licensed guide can show a group of 1-15 people, so the price of the tour will be higher if you need more than 1 guide.
- 4-hour option: we offer skip-the-line tickets and audio guide to Barcelona Cathedral. The guide will not accompany you inside this church so you can sightsee at your own pace. Tickets are reserved for a specific time slot so it’s important to arrive at the meeting point on time. You can enter at your booked time and skip the line at the ticket office.
Barcelona Gothic Quarter Private Walking Tour