Warsaw Old Town Highlights Private Walking Tour
Fall in love with the historical and cultural monuments of Warsaw. See Old Town highlights, such as the Market Square, Grand Theatre and Saxon Gardens, and visit St John’s Archcathedral, St Anne’s Church, Royal Castle, and Palace of Culture and Science.
- Explore the top attractions in Warsaw Old Town with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Discover royal history at St John’s Archcathedral and the Royal Castle
- Marvel at the rich decor of St Anne’s Church
- Fall in love with the city skyline from the terrace of the Palace of Culture and Science
- Immerse yourself in Polish history, culture and traditions
The capital of Poland, Warsaw, is a phoenix that arose from the ashes, blending in historic monuments with contemporary architecture. Discover with us the charms of this diverse and vibrant city and learn about the history and culture of Poland. Make unforgettable memories in Warsaw!
During the 2-hour tour you will see the best selected highlights of Warsaw Old Town and hear local history facts and legends. Starting from the Warsaw Uprising Monument, which commemorates the sacrifice of anti-Nazi resistance fighters in summer 1944, you will stroll towards the historic Old Town Market Square (Starówka). Walk through Warsaw Barbican to enter the inner city walls and admire the bustling square featuring colorful, old tenement houses and the iconic statue of the Mermaid of Warsaw. Discover the legend behind this iconic symbol of Warsaw!
Follow your Private Guide through the charming, narrow streets to St John’s Archcathedral. Step inside this UNESCO-listed Brick Gothic church to discover an elegant interior and fascinating tales of the church’s connection to Queen Anna Jagiellonka, King Stanisław August Poniatowski and King Sigismund III. Further on, at the Castle Square, you learn even more about Polish monarchs who lived at the Royal Castle, and see the landmark Sigismund’s Column.
Choose the 3-hour option to continue the route along the historic Royal Route and see The Little Insurgent Monument, Braniecki Palace and the imposing, Neoclassical St Anne’s Church. Step inside the historic church, which is one of the oldest buildings in Warsaw. The inside will surprise you with High-Baroque decor and beautiful wall frescoes. Around the altar, which features a painting of the Holy Family, you will find original panels portraying Chinese landscape, architecture, exotic birds, floral twigs, etc. representations, which is a reflection of the Chinese fashion in the secular interior decoration of that time.
Pick the 4-hour option to enrich your experience with a visit to one of Warsaw’s most recognizable landmarks, the Royal Castle with skip-the-line tickets to beat the crowds. Learn about the important historical events that took place here, such as the signing of the Polish Constitution or the castle’s detonation by the Nazis after the failed Warsaw Uprising. Explore the Great Apartment, King’s Apartment , Throne Room, and the Lanckoronski Collection with a Gallery of Paintings, Sculptures and Decorative Art, featuring paintings by Rembrandt and canvases by Canaletto.
The 6-hour option will give you a full experience of Warsaw, with more expert knowledge and important sights. The walking route will be extended from Old Town to the modern New World district, featuring numerous museums, theaters and modern apartment buildings. The main attraction will be visiting the 1950s Soviet landmark Palace of Culture and Science (PKiN) with skip-the-line tickets. Learn about the fascinating history of the communist Poland. From the 30th floor terrace, at 114m, you will admire breathtaking panoramic views of the Warsaw skyline. The guide will explain to you the cityscape and give you tips on the best attractions, restaurants and pubs to make the most out of your stay in this exciting city.
- Private Walking Tour of Warsaw Old Town with Top Attractions
- 5-Stars Guide with Official Warsaw License speaking fluently in the chosen language
- Entry to free parts of the Archcathedral Basilica of St. John the Baptist (all options)
- Entry to free parts of St Anne’s Church (in 3, 4 and 6-hour option)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Royal Castle (in 4 and 6-hour option)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Palace of Culture and Science (in 6-hour option)
- Pick up from accommodation in Warsaw Old Town
- Pickup from accommodation located outside Warsaw Old Town
Meet your guide next to the anchor monument in front of the main entrance to Katedra Polowa Wojska Polskiego (Field Cathedral of the Polish Army, opposite the Warsaw Uprising Monument), Długa 13/15, 00-238 Warsaw Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Pickup service is available only in the area of Warsaw Old Town. It means that your Private Guide will meet you at your accommodation if it is located within 1,5 km from the meeting point. If your accommodation does not meet these criteria, the tour itinerary may be changed accordingly
- If you provide your accommodation address when making a booking, we will arrange for the guide to pick you up from this Warsaw Old Town address.Otherwise, the guide will meet you at the specified meeting point.
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
- Please note that due to Sunday and holiday masses, sightseeing inside the churches may be limited
Warsaw Old Town Highlights Private Walking Tour