Paris Old Town Highlights Guided Walking Tour
Discover the historical, cultural, and artistic wonders of the City of Lights. Explore l'île de la Cité and see the iconic Notre-Dame Cathedral. Extended options: visit the Eiffel Tower, Pantheon and the Church of Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois.
- Explore the Old Town of Paris with a 5-Star Local Guide
- Learn about the history, culture and traditions of France
- Admire sacred art in Saint-Germain-l’Auxerrois (3, 4 and 6-hour tours only)
- Discover the treasures of the Pantheon with skip-the-line tickets (4 and 6-hour tours only)
- Save time with skip-the-line tickets to the no.1 attraction in Paris, the Eiffel Tower (6-hour tour only)
Join a Licensed Private Guide on a walking tour of the most important UNESCO World Heritage sites, historic palaces, churches and bridges in the Old Town of Paris. Learn about important historical figures such as Victor Hugo and Napoleon Bonaparte, and events such as the French Revolution and the Notre-Dame fire. Get to know the City of Love like never before and visit its top attractions!
Choose the 2-hour option to learn essential information about Paris on a guided tour of the Old Town with no entrances. This tour is great if you have limited time, as you will see the best selected highlights. The route passes the Louvre, home to the most visited art museum in the world, the Church of Saint Germain l’Auxerrois, and Pont Neuf. Walking along the Seine River you can admire the Palace of Justice complex with Sainte-Chapelle and Conciergerie, the 14th century royal palace and French Revolution prison. You will also see the lonely Tower of Saint Jacques and Hôtel de Ville, a stunning Neo-Renaissance city hall and site of important historical events such as the Liberation of Paris in 1944. You will also visit Île de la Cité, known as the birthplace of Paris, and take a closer look at one of the most prominent symbols of Paris, the majestic Notre-Dame Cathedral.
Choose the 3-hour option to learn more about the City of Lights and visit the Church of Saint-Germain-l’Auxerrois. This is your chance to discover more hidden gems of the Old Town. Since the 2019 fire incident, Saint-Germain-l’Auxerrois has hosted the regular services for the Notre-Dame Cathedral. It’s a beautiful church with many interesting chapels, expensive works of art, and 16th-19th century stained glass windows. You will be surprised by the history and legends hidden within those walls!
Choose the 4-hour option to enrich your walking tour with a visit to the Pantheon, one of the most popular attractions in Paris’s Old Town. Skip-the-line tickets are included to save time. Inspired by the famous Roman temple of the same name, the Pantheon is a place of significant cultural heritage. Admire its impressive Neoclassical architecture and art and visit the crypts with tombs of important historical figures. It’s a great place to learn about Victor Hugo, Voltaire, Marie Curie Sklodowska, and other famous French writers, scientists, generals, churchmen and politicians.
Choose the 6-hour option for the ultimate Paris experience with skip-the-line tickets to the Eiffel Tower. ‘La Tour Eiffel’ is not only the nr. 1 attraction, it is also often labelled as one of the world’s most romantic places to visit. With skip-the-line tickets you can dodge the crowds and enter faster with lift access to the 1st and 2nd floors. Public transport tickets are also included as this attraction is far from the Old Town. Your Private Guide will go with you all the way to the top of the Eiffel Tower and point famous landmarks such as Arc de Triomphe and Sacré-Cœur Basilica. The 2nd floor offers the best panoramic view of the City of Love. Every visitor to Paris has to experience this at least once!
- Private Walking Tour of Paris Old Town with Pantheon and Eiffel Tower (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice
- Free entry to Saint-Germain-l’Auxerrois (3, 4 and 6-hour options only)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Pantheon (4 and 6-hour options only)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Eiffel Tower with lift access to the top and public transport (6-hour option only)
- Entry to Saint-Germain-l’Auxerrois (in 2-hour option)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Pantheon (in 2 and 3-hour options)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Eiffel Tower with lift access to the top and public transport (in 2, 3 and 4-hour options)
Meet your guide in front of Hôtel Louvre Saint-Honoré, 141 Rue St Honoré, 75001 Paris, France. Please do not enter the hotel, it is only a meeting point and the staff is not informed about the tour.
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Admissions to Eiffel Tower, Patheon and the Church of Saint-Germain-l’Auxerrois are not included in the basic 2-hour tour.
- Please arrive on time as there are time slots for entry to some attractions. Late arrival may prevent you from enjoying the full tour.
- Church tours in Saint-Germain-l’Auxerrois during scheduled events (such as the Sunday, daily and holiday masses) are limited, so parts or the entire church building may be closed on your visit. At such times, you will only see it from the outside.
- Skip-the-line tickets allow you to enter faster without purchasing tickets on the spot, but you may have to wait in line for ticket validation and mandatory security checks.
- Skip-the-line tickets to Eiffel Tower include access by elevator to the 1st and 2nd floor (top), which is more expensive than tickets with access by stairs. You can go down the stairs from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor and the ground floor.
- The 6-hour option requires the use of public transport as the walking distance is too great. For your convenience, one-way tickets are included in the price.
Paris Old Town Highlights Guided Walking Tour