Discover the best of Parisian culture and bohemian dreams in Montmartre. See the legendary Moulin Rouge and hear stories about Van Gogh, Dali and other famous artists who lived here. Optional: visit the Sacré-Cœur Basilica.
- Discover the beauty of the Montmartre district with a 5-Star Private Guide
- Gain insider’s knowledge of this diverse and vibrant neighbourhood
- Learn about Belle Époque and its artists such as Monet, Picasso and van Gogh
- See Moulin Rouge, Place du Tertre and other points of interest
- Visit the beautiful Sacré-Cœur Basilica (3-hour tour only)
Montmartre is known as the birthplace of Belle Époque where many world-famous artists found inspiration to create awe inspiring art. With so many winding streets and easy-to-miss attractions, it is best to trust a 5-Star Local Guide to lead you through this lively and avant-garde neighbourhood. Join us on a bohemian adventure in Paris!
Your 2-hour walking tour will begin in front of one of the most legendary sights in Montmartre – the legendary cabaret Moulin Rouge. This famed institution with its iconic red windmill is the birthplace of the world-famous French can-can, offering musical dance entertainment for visitors from around the world since 1889. Follow your Private Guide along the charming streets lined with elegant townhouses and see the house where Van Gogh lived for some time with his brother. The guide will also share interesting stories about the other famous former residents of Montremere, such as Monet, Picasso, and Dali.
Along the way you will also find hidden gems like the bust of chanteuse Dalida and Le Passe-Muraille, an unusual sculpture based on a story by French writer Marcel Ayme. You also cannot miss out on experiencing the typical Parisian atmosphere at Place du Tertre, a popular hangout spot for local buskers and artists. Another point of interest will be the Wall of Love at square Jehan-Rictus, where you can take a selfie with the iconic multilingual ‘I love you mural.’
Choose a 3-hour tour see more highlights of Montmartre, including its landmark, the spectacular Sacré-Cœur Basilica. On this extended tour you will see Saint Pierre, which is one of the oldest surviving churches in the city, and a popular photo spot on Rue du Mont Cenis Stairs. You will enjoy the city views from the leafy Louise Michel Square and marvel at the awe-inspiring Sacré-Cœur Basilica with its iconic white dome. Your Private Guide will share interfering facts about this landmark church, its architecture and art, and you will be able to admire its beautiful interior mosaics and stained-glass windows in silence.
- Private Walking Tour of Montmartre district (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking)
- Historical facts and legends about Montmartre and its landmarks
- Art tour of places related to Van Gogh, Dali and other famous residents of Montmartre
- Free admission to Sacré-Cœur Basilica(3-hour tour only)
- Visit to Sacré-Cœur Basilica (in 2-hour tour)
- Access the dome of Sacré-Cœur Basilica (optional)
Meet your guide in front of the Sainte-Rita Chapel, 65 Boulevard de Clichy, 75009 Paris, France.
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Sacré-Cœur Basilica is not included in a 2-hour tour.
- Visits to Sacré-Cœur Basilica during mass and special events are limited, so parts or the entire building may be closed. Since the basilica is an active place of worship, only silent sightseeing (no live commentary) is allowed inside.
- For an additional fee of 6,5 euro per person you can get access to the dome of Sacré-Cœur Basilica, offering one of the best 360-degree panoramic views of Paris. Please note that there are 300 steps to go up to the dome.
Private Tour of Montmartre, Sacré-Cœur and Palais Garnier