Le Marais District Private Walking Tour
Discover the essence of Paris on a guided tour of the historic Marais District and see the Saint Jacques Tower, Hôtel de Ville, and Centre Pompidou. Extended option: see Notre Dame Cathedral (exterior) and visit Sainte-Chapelle with skip-the-line tickets
- Explore La Marais district with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Discover unique landmarks, urban manions and the oldest public park in Paris
- Fall in love with the avant-garde Centre Pompidou
- See the Old Jewish Quarter and popular LGBT venues
- Admire the beautiful Sainte-Chapelle and the exterior of Notre Dame Cathedral (only in 3,5-hour tour)
Le Marais is one of the trendiest districts of Paris, home to great Parisian architecture, history and culture. Join an Expert Guide on the streets of Marais to hear stories about French nobles, Jewish people and the LGBT community who made this place their home. Discover a diverse and vibrant side of the City of Lights!
Choose the 2,5-hour option to see the must-see sights and hidden gems of La Marais, Paris. Your adventure begins on the bank of the River Seine, where you can admire the beautiful Théâtre du Châtelet, Fontaine du Châtelet, and the Saint Jacques Tower, which is the only remaining part of a 16th-century church that was destroyed during the French Revolution. Follow your Private Guide to the lively square in front of the striking Neo-Renaissance city hall Hôtel de Ville and see also the Church of Saint Gervais and Caserne Napoleon, the former barracks of Napoleon Bonaparte. Great history and culture awaits you at every turn!
Le Marais is a great place to witness different styles of Parisian architecture, from the lovely French-Gothic Saint Merri Church to modern landmarks like the colourful, kinetic Stravinsky Fountain and the avant-garde Centre Pompidou, which is first major example of an ‘inside-out’ building where its structural system, mechanical systems, and circulation exposed on the exterior. There are also many beautiful hôtels particuliers (urban mansions) to look at along the way, such as Hôtel de Sens, Hôtel de Sully, Hôtel de Breteuil and Hôtel Hérouet. The final stop of this tour will be at the oldest planned square in Pairs, Place des Vosges. Here you will admire the mighty Pavillon du Roi, the buildings where the famous writer Victor Hugo lived, and the historic Tournelles Synagogue.
Choose the 3,5-hour option to also explore the nearby Ile de la Cité island, known as the birthplace of Paris. Skip-the-line tickets to Sainte-Chapelle are included in this tour to allow you to experience this top-ranked attraction without wasting time in long lines. Take a guided tour of the 13th-century royal chapel and marvel at its colourful Gothic interior with relics and notable stained-glass windows of biblical scenes. Other points of interest include sightseeing outside the monumental Notre Dame Cathedral, and other iconic sights such as the Palace of Justice and Conciergerie, the 14th-century royal palace and French Revolution prison.
- Private History and Culture Tour of the Le Marais District in Paris (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Stars Expert Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice
- Historical facts, cultural anecdotes and legends of Le Marais
- Tips on the best local shops, restaurants and cafes
- Skip-the-line tickets to Sainte-Chapelle (only in 3,5-hour option)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Sainte-Chapelle ( in 2,5-hour option)
Meet your guide In front of the Britannique Hotel - Paris Centre, 20 Av. Victoria, 75001 Paris, France. Please do not enter the hotel, it is only a meeting point
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Tickets to Sainte-Chapelle and Ile de la Cité tour are not included in the basic 2-hour tour.
- Please arrive on time as there are time slots reserved to enter some attractions. Late arrival may prevent you from enjoying the full tour.
- Headphones will be provided for groups of 7 people and more during a visit to Sainte-Chapelle.
Le Marais District Private Walking Tour