Visit one of the world’s most famous public transport stations - the Grand Central Terminal. See some of NYC’s most iconic landmarks, such as St Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, and Chrysler Building. Admire the panoramic view from Top of the Rock!
- Visit the Grand Central Terminal with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Learn about the Terminal’s history and related pop culture trivia
- Take a stroll along 5th Avenue and see its most prominent landmarks
- Admire the views of the iconic Manhattan skyline from Top of the Rock
- Save time with skip-the-line tickets and private transfers by car
Grand Central Terminal is more than just a train and subway station, it is a New York City icon with over 100 years of history. Join this exclusive tour to explore the nooks and crannies of the most extraordinary public space in the city. Take a walk through central Manhattan and see the city like never before!
The 2-hour tour will begin at the intersection between Rockefeller Centre and St Patrick Cathedral, the magnificent Neo-Gothic church from 1878. Follow your Private Guide along 5th Avenue, one of the world’s most expensive streets, and admire its grand architecture. You will pass the flagship branch of the New York Public Library with its iconic statues of Patience and Fortitude Lions. As you get closer to the Grand Central you will also spot the towering Metlife Building and the 1930s art deco spire of Chrysler Building.
Your Private Guide will provide interesting commentary on the grand Beaux-Arts facade of Grand Central and show you around the busy station. You will see highlights such as the $20 million opal-faced clock, the Largest Tiffany Glass Clock in the World, the 1500-ton Transportation statue and many more. You will learn about the GCT’s history, architecture and features in movies and books.
Join the 3,5-hour tour to benefit from private transfers in a clean, air-conditioned vehicle. Before the start of the walking tour, you will be picked up from your New York accommodation and driven to the meeting point. At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off at the address provided when booking or other preferred location.
Choose the 3-hour option to enhance your Grand Central experience with a visit to one of New York’s most popular observatories – Top of the Rock. Located in the tallest building of the Rockefeller Center, the observation decks at the 67th, 69th and 70th floor offer unparalleled views of Empire State Building, Central Parks and the Manhattan skyline. Enjoy indoor and outdoor galleries with skip-the-line tickets to save time and avoid the crowds.
Opt for the 4-hour tour to enjoy a guided tour of Grand Central Terminal, skip all the lines to Top of the Rock, and travel in comfort between your accommodation and the attractions. We will arrange private transfers for you in a clean, air-conditioned vehicle. We highly recommend this option for those who don’t know the city well and those who want to keep walking to a minimum.
- Private Walking Tour of Grand Central Terminal with 5th Avenue highlights and Top of the Rock
- 5-Stars Guide with Official NYC License speaking fluently in your chosen language
- Visit at the Grand Central Terminal (all options)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Top of the Rock (in 3-hour option)
- Private transfers by car with pickup and drop-off service to your accommodation (in 3,5-hour and 4-hour options)
Meet your guide in front of the ATLAS sculpture, 45 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10111, United States Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
- Please arrive at the meeting point on time (preferably even 5 minutes in advance), as there are time slots to enter some attractions
- All visitors to NYC’s top attractions must go through airport-style security checks. Please dress and pack accordingly as this procedure can delay entry even for skip-the-line ticket holders
- The 3,5 and 4-hour options include approximately 1,5-hour round trip transfer between the attractions and your accommodation. Please note that the transfer time quoted is for information purposes only and the exact time may take longer or less depending on the location of your NYC accommodation
- We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a large van for groups of 5 people and more. If you’re travelling in a smaller group but want to travel in a more spacious car, we recommend booking a tour for 5 people to take advantage of the van transport
Grand Central Terminal Private Walking Tour with Transfers