Immerse yourself in the history, culture and peaceful nature of Munich on a guided walking tour of Old Town and English Gardens. See highlights such as the New Town Hall, Frauenkirche, Munich Residenz, Bavarian Government and so much more.
- Explore Munich’s Old Town with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- See must-see sights such as Marienplatz, Frauenkirche and Karlsplatz
- Discover the wonders of English Gardens
- Learn about Bavarian history and culture
- Get tips on the best local attractions, restaurants and pubs
Munich’s Old Town has a lot to offer, from historical city squares through impressive monuments to tranquil urban parks. Join this original walking tour to hear fascinating historical facts and cultural anecdotes about this charming city and discover the favorite leisure spot of the locals – the English Garden. Add a touch of adventure to your visit to Munich!
This 3-hour guided tour will begin in Old Town at Marienplatz. In this historical city square you will find remarkable landmarks such as Munich’s oldest church St Peter, the ornate New Town Hall as well as the 14th-century Old Town Hall. Follow the cobblestone street towards Frauenkirche to hear the story of its legendary Devil’s footprint and see also the massive St Michael’s Church. Admire amazing statues and fountains at every turn, and see the medieval gate Karlstor at Karlsplatz. Other landmarks along this route include the elegant palaces of Wittelsbacherplatz and Odeonsplatz, Munich Residenz and Bavarian Government.
You will also find plenty of green areas in the Old Town and visit the English Garden – one of the largest public parks in Europe. Follow the tree-lined alleys to discover hidden gems such as the traditional Japanese Teahouse Kanshoan, and hear the stories of river surviving, beer and naked sunbathing right in the heart of Munich!
- Private Walking Tour of Munich’s Old Town and English Garden
- Licensed Munich Guide, who is fluent in your chosen language
- Entry to free parts of the English Garden
- Historical facts and cultural anecdotes about Munich
- A special itinerary tailored to your needs and interests
Meet your guide in front of hotel BEYOND by Geisel, Marienplatz 22, 80331 Munich, Germany (opposite St Peter). Please do not enter the hotel, it is only a meeting point and the staff is not informed about the tour. Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
Munich Old Town and English Gardens Private Walking Tour