Follow in the footsteps of Albert Einstein in Munich. See Old Town highlights such as Marienplatz and Frauenkriche, and learn about the personal life and scientific achievements of one of the greatest physicians of all time.
- Explore Old Town Munich with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- See must-see sights such as Marienplatz and Frankriche
- Immerse yourself in the life of Albert Einstein
- Learn about Einstein’s childhood and school education
- Hear interesting facts and anecdotes about Einstein’s life and work
Did you know that Albert Einstein grew up in Munich, Germany? This original tour will bring you closer to a German mathematician and physicist who forever changed the world of science. Follow in the footsteps of Einstein and learn about his childhood, school education and professional career.
This 2-hour walking tour is not only for science nerds! Follow your Private Guide through the historic Old Town in Munich to hear the fascinating story of the life of Albert Einstein, who spent most of his childhood and teenage years living and studying in the city. This is where he attended a grammar school and discovered the “holy geometry book.” You will learn about his family, Jewish roots, violin classes, early education and so on.
This tour will help you imagine what the growing environment of a young science genius was like and introduce you to some of the characters who influenced Einstein’s interest in scientific and philosophic works. Among the Old Town highlights you will see Marienplatz, featuring the New Town Hall, Old Town Hall and St. Peter’s Church. The route will also pass by the magnificent Frauenkriche, Ohel Jacob Synagogue and the Jewish Museum. The final stop will be at Müllerstraße, where Einstein attended the former Royal Luitpold Gymnasium in 1888 to 1894.
- Albert Einstein Tour in Old Town Munich
- Licensed Munich Guide, who is fluent in your chosen language
- Interesting facts and anecdotes about Albert Einstein
- Guided tour of Old Town highlights
- A special itinerary tailored to your needs and interests
Meet your guide in front of hotel BEYOND by Geisel, Marienplatz 22, 80331 Munich, Germany (opposite St Peter). Please do not enter the hotel, it is only a meeting point and the staff is not informed about the tour. Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
Albert Einstein Private Walking Tour in Old Town Munich