Explore the life of Nobel Peace Prize winner Willy Brandt on your private tour his childhood home and hometown of Lubeck. An absolute must-see for any political history lover!
- Visit the Willy Brandt House Museum and notable sites in Lubeck related to Willy’s life with your Private, 5-Star Guide
- Learn how a boy from Lubeck became a Nobel Peace Prize winner
- A private tour of the Willy Brandt House and places related to his life in Lubeck with an option of a 1-hour walking tour of historic Lubeck (3-hour option)
- Follow in Brandt’s footsteps to discover how Lubeck shaped this future world leader
- Your Licenced Private Guide will adjust the pace and fluently speak the language chosen by your group
Visit the Willy Brandt House Museum and historic Lubeck with your 5-Star Private Guide and learn about the fascinating history of Willy Brandt – winner of the 1971 Nobel Peace Prize. Your Experienced Guide will give you unique insight and answer any questions you have about Mr. Brandt.
Willy Brandt was Chancellor of West Germany during the Cold War. His style of diplomacy brought into existence a ‘fresh relationship between the East and West’ in a time when these relations were strained at best.
Your 2-hour tour begins at the Willy Brandt House where your Private Guide will bring to life the rooms where a young Willy played and spent his youth. You’ll have a chance to sit on a government bench and speak at one of Willy Brandt’s podiums as you walk through exhibits depicting different eras of Brandt’s life.
Following your private tour of the Willy Brandt House, your Licenced Guide will take you to the places in Lubeck that helped shaped Willy Brandt into the global leader he was. You’ll walk the same cobblestoned streets Willy walked as you see where he attended school and spent his free time.
Extend your tour to the 3-hour option and discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the old Hanseatic City of Lubeck. Your Expert Guide will showcase such places as the Holsten Gate, St. Anne’s Museum, and St. Mary’s Church.
- Privately Guided Tour of the Willy Brandt House and sightseeing of historic Lubeck
- 5-Star Expert Guide with an official German Licence who speaks the group’s chosen language fluently
- Entrance to the Willy Brandt House (2 and 3-hour options)
- Walking Tour of historic Lubeck – a UNESCO World Heritage site (3-hour option)
- An adjustable pace – your Experienced Guide will adjust the pace based on the group’s needs
Meet your guide in front of the Entrance to WIlly Brandt House Koenigstasse (Königstraße) 21, Lubeck
What you should know
- The Willy Brandt House is closed on Mondays – please book your tour accordingly
- Please check your email the day before your trip to receive important information
- Please be on time – to ensure that our group can explore the museum for our entire allotted time
Private Tour of the Willy Brandt House and Historic Lubeck