Have family-fun in the heart of the vibrant and diverse Barcelona. See Old Town’s top attractions and discover Catalan history and legends. Enjoy the fantastical design of Casa Batllo by the master Antoni Gaudi or visit the exciting Maritime Museum.
- Make history fun on a family-friendly tour of Barcelona with a 5-Star Private Guide
- Enjoy a special program tailored to children with interesting stories, activities and games
- See the highlights of the Old Town and Gothic Quarter
- Go on a sightseeing cruise of the port and coastline (3- and 4-hour options only)
- Discover maritime history at the Maritime Museum (4-hour options only)
Join a Private Guide on a fun and exciting family outing in the vibrant and diverse capital of Catalonia. Discover the history, legends and fairytales of Barcelona through fun stories, activities and games for children. Let us take you on a family-friendly adventure in the historic Old Town!
Book a 2-hour walking tour to explore Barcelona with an experienced Local Guide who will make history fun. On this exclusive experience you will enjoy a special tour program adapted to sightseeing with children. The tour will begin in the central Plaça de Catalunya and lead you through the winding streets of the Gothic Quarter, Barcelona’s oldest neighborhood. You will see attractions such as the landmark Cathedral of Barcelona and the surrounding remains of ancient Roman walls and towers.
The guide will tell many interesting stories about the city’s past as well as local legends and fairytales, e..g. about the “water-woman” from Catalan mythology. You will pass hidden gems such as the Bishop’s Bridge and explore the elegant Plaça de Sant Jaume and La Rambla street, where you can often meet human statues, artists and live musicians who will put a smile on your kid’s face. The walking tour will end in the Port of Barcelona under the ornate monument to Christopher Columbus, a great Italian explorer and navigator.
Choose a 3-hour option to go on a 2-hour family walking tour and receive tickets for a 1-hour sightseeing cruise of the Barcelona port and coastline. Your Private Guide will not join you on the cruise, but they will escort you to the dock and provide all information about the sights that you will see on the boat. The official cruise app will also help you navigate the sights. Enjoy exploring the Barceloneta beaches, Olympic Port, Montjuïc Castle, Holy Family, Agbar Tower and more from the comfort of a traditional, double-decker boat!
Choose a 4-hour option to receive tickets for a 1-hour sightseeing cruise and go on a 3-hour family walking tour of the Old Town with a visit to the Maritime Museum. This museum is a great attraction for kids of any age, using interactive technology to educate visitors on the history of the navigation, navigation instruments, ships and weapons. Explore a former royal arsenal of Barcelona where ships were built between the 13th and 18th century and learn what life at the sea was like for the Spanish Navy.
- Private Family-Friendly Tour of the Old Town and Top Attractions of Barcelona (number of attractions depends on the option selected)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice
- Tickets for a 1-hour cruise with an app guide (3- and 4-hour options only)
- Tickets and guided tour of the Maritime Museum (4-hour option only)
- Tour program tailored to families with children with fun stories and activities
- Guide on the cruise
- Tickets for a 1-hour cruise with an app guide (in 2-hour option)
- Tickets and guided tour of the Maritime Museum (in 2 and 3-hour options)
Meet your guide in front of the Hard Rock Cafe, Pl. de Catalunya, 21, 08002 Barcelona, Spain. Please do not enter the building, it is only a meeting point.
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the walking tour and number of attractions depends on the option selected. Cruise tickets and a guided tour of the Maritime Museum are not included in the 2-hour option.
- The 3- and 4-hour options include tickets for a 1-hour cruise of the Barcelona port and coastline. Please arrive on time to ensure that you board the boat on time.
- Your Private Guide will not participate in the cruise. They will escort you to the dock and provide all necessary information. There is a free multilingual app guide available to navigate the sights.
- Please bring your passport or photo ID.
- For the convenience of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests. If there are 26-50 people in your group, we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well.
- 4-hour option: due to the Maritime Museum’s rules, 1 licensed guide can show a group of 1-9 people, so the price of the tour will be higher if you need more than 1 guide. For groups of 10-18 people we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides.
Barcelona Old Town Tour with Family-friendly Attractions