Amsterdam: Skip the Line National Maritime Museum Tour
Explore one the largest maritime collections in the world on a visit to the National Maritime Museum in Amsterdam. Immerse yourself in 500 years of Dutch maritime history and enjoy exhibits for all ages. Optional: private transfers and the Old Town tour.
- Visit the National Maritime Museum with a 5-Star Expert Guide
- Save time and effort with skip-the-line tickets
- Explore one of the largest collections of maritime paintings, ship models, navigation instruments, and more
- See Dam Square, Begijnhof and other highlights of the Old Town (4- and 5-hour options only)
- Book private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3- and 5-hour options only)
The National Maritime Museum (Het Scheepvaartmuseum) is a fun and educational attraction for history and technology buffs of all ages as it offers stimulating and interactive exhibits on maritime subjects. This private tour will help you understand how the sea has shaped Dutch history and culture through fascinating stories and legends. Visit one of the best maritime museums in the world!
Book a 2-hour guided tour of the Het Scheepvaartmuseum and learn about the long maritime history of the Netherlands. With fast track tickets you can skip the ticket line and easily get in and explore the exhibitions with your Private Guide. The National Maritime Museum houses approximately 400,000 objects, so there is a lot to see, from old maps of the world to unique ship decorations.The best highlight of the National Maritime Museum is a replica of the three masted “Amsterdam”, a large vessel of the Dutch East India Company that sank in 1749. It’s a great opportunity to learn about sea voyages during the Dutch Golden Age and how maritime technology has changed over the years. Many of the exhibits are interactive and child-friendly, so it’s fun to visit as a family.
Choose the 3-hour option to book a 1-hour round-trip transfer and a 2-hour guided tour of the National Maritime Museum (Het Scheepvaartmuseum). This option includes a two-way transfer between the meeting point and your accommodation in a private car. Book the convenient pickup and drop-off service in advance to save time and effort when visiting this popular museum.
Book a 4-hour guided tour to visit the National Maritime Museum and see the highlights of the Old Town. Explore the narrow streets and canals of Amsterdam and learn about its history, culture and architecture. You will pass the 16-century defensive tower Montelbaanstoren and Scheepvaarthuis, a prime example of Dutch school of architecture. Take in the sights and sounds of Amsterdam’s narrow streets, bridges and canals and see historical buildings such as the Central Station, St. Nicholas’ Basilica and Beurs van Berlage. The guide will lead you to the Dam Square, where you will see the Royal Palace, New Church, the National Monument and more!
Choose the 5-hour option to book a 1-hour round-trip transfer and an extended 4-hour guided tour of the National Maritime Museum and the Old Town of Amsterdam. This option allows you to enjoy a guided tour with an additional service of a pickup and drop-off at your accommodation by private car. We will arrange a professional driver and car exclusively for your group, so you can travel in comfort and enjoy a hassle-free experience of Amsterdam.
- Private Tour of the National Maritime Museum and Old Town (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice
- Skip-the-line tickets to the National Maritime Museum (all options)
- Walking tour of the Old Town (4- and 5-hour options only)
- Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at accommodation (3- and 5-hour options only)
- Walking tour of the Old Town (in 2- and 3-hour options)
- Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at accommodation (in 2- and 4-hour options)
Meet your guide outside the National Maritime Museum, Kattenburgerplein 1, 1018 KK Amsterdam, Netherlands. Please wait for your guide at the entrance. (in 2- and 4-hour options) Open in Google Maps
Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Amsterdam (3- and 5-hour options only) Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Private car transfers and the Old Town tour is not included in the 2-hour option.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the National Maritime Museum allow you to enter faster without purchasing tickets on the spot, but you may have to wait in line for ticket validation and security checks. To avoid crowds, it is best to visit in the morning. Tickets include admission to the permanent collection only.
- In Amsterdam, the rule is that a licensed guide can show a group of 1-15 people, so the price of the tour will be higher if you need more than 1 guide. For 16-30 people we will provide service of 2 licensed guides. For 31-45 people we will provide service of 3 licensed guides.
- The 3- and 5-hour options include an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer between the meeting point and the accommodation address provided when booking. Please note that the transfer time quoted is for information purposes only and can take longer or shorter depending on the distance and traffic.
- We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a larger van for groups of 5 people and more. Groups larger than 8 people will be split into 2 (or more) vehicles during transfer.
Amsterdam: Skip the Line National Maritime Museum Tour