Fall in love Austrian cuisine on an exclusive Food Tasting Tour in Vienna, with highlights including full traditional meals and sightseeing in Old Town. Experience authentic local culture and learn about the Austrian history from a culinary point of view.
- Embark on a culinary adventure in Vienna with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Visit 2-4 carefully selected restaurants and patisseries in Old Town
- Try a variety of traditional Aistrian dishes, appetizers and snacks
- See the highlights of Vienna Old Town and learn about the local culture
- Enjoy an exclusive experience with your family and friends
Discover the style of cuisine native to Austria and the unique characteristics of Viennese cuisine on an exclusive Food Tasting Tour that combines sampling delicious dishes with sightseeing in Vienna Old Town. Get your stomach full and see the historical, cultural and architectural highlights of the capital of Austria.
The 2,5-hour tour includes a visit to a popular local restaurant and a patisserie in Vienna Old Town, with remarkable sights such as St Peter’s Church (Peterskirche), St Stephen’s Cathedral and the Plague Column along the way. The special menu which we have prepared for you includes the best authentic dishes from Austria, such as Tafelspitz – beef boiled in traditional Austrian broth. For dessert, you will try the apple strudel Apfelstrudel or the chocolate cake Sachertorte. We are proud to offer you a full plate of food, not only samples as on other food tasting tours, and we also serve one soft drink and a cup of coffee/tea so you will have a chance to try the popular Cafe Melange. Your Private Guide will provide interesting history facts and cultural anecdotes throughout the tour, ensuring that both your mind and body will be satisfied with this exclusive experience.
Pick the 3,5-hours food and sightseeing tour in Vienna Old Town to discover more amazing flavours and aromas of Austrian cuisine. Visit 3 You will visit 2 restaurants and a patisserie, and try a bigger variety of foods, such as various kinds of Viennese meats, the chicken dish of Cordon Bleu and a traditional sliced pancake soup – Frittatensuppe. The menu will also include the authentic Wienerschnitzel, one soft drink, coffee/tea and one Austrian beer to make the evening more special.
Choose the 5-hour option to get a premium experience for food and beer enthusiasts! Visit 4 traditional restaurants (no patisserie) to enjoy a feast of Austrian hot dishes,meat specialties, soups and desserts with a soft drink, a cup of tea or coffee and 8 different beers! Get a taste for popular, regional and craft beers brewed in major and micro breweries across Austria. Learn about local customs around food and beer and food pairings. In addition, you will see more amazing sights of Vienna Old Town, such as the Burgtheater, Minoritenkirche and Rathausplatz.
- Private Food and Beer Tasting Tour with Vienna Old Town highlights
- Food-Expert Guide with Official Vienna License speaking fluently in the chosen language
- Menu of 1 traditional meal, 1 dessert, 1 soft drink and 1 coffee/tea (in 2,5-hour option)
- Menu of 2 traditional meals, 1 dessert, 1 soft drink, 1 coffee/tea and 1 beer (in 3,5-hour option)
- Menu of a variety of traditional Austrian appetizers, meat specialities, soup, main courses and dessert with 1 soft drink, 1 coffee/tea and 8 beers (in 5-hour option)
- Additional food & drinks
in front of Katholische Kirche Deutschordenskirche (opposite to the Bank building), Singerstraße 7, 1010 Wien, Austria Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
- Please ensure that you arrive at the meeting point on time so as to not affect the venue reservations. In case of delay the guide will wait for up to 30 minutes for you
- Please advise us in advance of any dietary requirements, such as food allergies or vegetarian options
- The golden rule in Austira is to serve enough food for the table to collapse, so we recommended joining the tour on an empty stomach to be able to enjoy each of the dishes
- Please note that the described menu is given as an example only. The served dishes might vary depending on the availability at the visited venue. We will do our best to pick the best options for you
Vienna Traditional Food Tour with Old Town Sightseeing