Vienna Old Town Highlights Private Walking Tour
Immerse yourself in the history, culture and legends of Vienna and Austria. Discover St. Stephen's Cathedral and other highlights of the Old Town with an Expert Guide! Optional: visit St. Peter's Church, the Imperial Treasury and Hofburg Palace.
- Explore the highlights of Vienna on a private tour led by a Licensed Guide
- Admire the UNESCO-inscribed Old Town and see the famous Cathedral of St. Stephen
- Visit St. Peter’s Church and see more sights, such as Vienna University (3, 4, and 6-hour tours only)
- Discover national treasures and heritage inside Vienna Imperial Treasury (4 and 6-hour tours only)
- Skip the lines to Sisi Museum and Imperial Apartments of the Hofburg Palace (6-hour tours only)
Learn the facts and legends of picturesque Vienna city on a private walking tour. You will see the best selected highlights and hidden gems. Get a great portion of knowledge from your local professional guide and enjoy the vibes of this historic city. The guide leads you through multiple alleys and parts of the city to deliver you unforgettable memories!
Discover the best of Vienna’s Old Town on a 2-hour walking tour with a Private Guide. As you wander around the courtyards of the imperial Hofburg Palace, you will learn interesting facts and myths about Sisi and the House of Habsburg. You will gain insight into Vienna’s history, culture and imperial heritage of the Holy Roman Empire. Highlights include Vienna’s Gothic jewel, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, which is Austria’s most prominent national symbol and one of the highest cathedrals in Europe. You will also see the Column of Pest, Albertina Palace and the world famous Vienna Opera House, which welcomed notable names like Mozart, Beethoven, and Bath.
Book an extended 3-hour tour to enhance your experience with a visit to St. Peter’s Catholic Church and see more highlights of the Old Town. St. Peter’s – small from outside, but rich inside. Enter with the guide and see the gorgeous interior. It delights in its murals, paintings and domed roof with lots of gilding. You will also see the magnificent Rathaus (Old Town Hall), Vienna University, and Burgtheater.
Extend to 4-hours and stroll down to reach the Imperial Treasury (Kaiserliche Schatzkammer Wien). Use your skip-the-line tickets and explore one of the biggest collections of Holy Roman Empire and Austrian heritage without wasting time at the ticket line. Inside you will find the Imperial Crown, famous Holy Lance and Order of the Golden Fleece and there is more! On the way you will also see the monumental Wiener Minoritenkirche.
In the 6-hour version you will enter the Hofburg Palace and discover the treasures of Sisi Museum and Imperial Apartments with skip-the-line tickets. Walk inside this XIII century castle and find out long and fascinating history while walking through Imperial apartments, halls and rooms full of rich decorations, old-fashioned furniture, paintings and impressive crystals from Bohemia. This is a must-see, especially if you’re interested in hearing the true story of Sisi!
- Private Walking tour of Vienna Old Town Highlights (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the chosen language
- Free entry to St. Peter’s Church (3, 4, 6-hour tours only)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Imperial Treasury (4 and 6-hour tours only)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Sisi Museum and Imperial Apartments in Hofburg Palace (6-hour tour only)
- Pickup from hotel / accommodation (Old Town only)
- Free entry to St. Peter’s Church (in 2-hour tour)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Imperial Treasury (in 2 and 3-hour tours)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Sisi Museum and Imperial Apartments in Hofburg Palace (in 2, 3 and 4-hour tours)
- Pickup from hotel / accommodation located outside the Old Town
Meet your guide Michaelerplatz 3 ,1010 Vienna, in front of Raiffeisenlandesbank (3 minutes from the metro station Herrengasse line U3) Coordinates 48°12'29.86"N, 16°22'0.19"E Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information
- Church tours during mass and special events (such as scheduled concerts) are limited. If entry is not possible, the guide will provide all information outside.
- Skip-the-line tickets are reserved for a specific time slot, so it’s important to arrive at the meeting point on time. You will skip the ticket line.
- 4- and 6-hour tours: Due to museum regulations, 1 licensed guide can lead a group of 1-15 people, so the price of the tour will be higher if you need more than 1 guide.
- Please note that as the Silver Collection will be closed from April 1, 2023 until further notice, you will temporarily visit only the Sisi Museum and Imperial Apartments of Hofburg Palace during the 6-hour tour.
- Pickup service is available for accommodations / hotels located in the Old Town. Please provide your full address when booking. The itinerary will be adjusted accordingly.
- If you do not provide your address or your accommodation is more than 1,5 km away from the designated meeting point, the guide will meet you in front of Raiffeisenlandesbank at Michaelerplatz 3 ,1010 Vienna.
Vienna Old Town Highlights Private Walking Tour