Experience the heart, history and heritage of Salzburg on a private tour of the Old Town. Visit the Mirabell Garden and see Mozart's birthplace. Extended options: visit Kollegienkirche, Salzburg Cathedral and Fortress Hohensalzburg.
- Explore the Old Town of Salzburg with a 5-Star Private Guide
- Discover top attractions, history, heritage and music in Salzburg
- See what’s hidden in the Kollegienkirche and the courtyard of St. Peter’s Abbey (3, 4 and 6-hour options only)
- Experience true Baroque inside Salzburg Cathedral (4 and 6-hour options only)
- Take a funicular ride to Fortress Hohensalzburg with the all-inclusive skip-the-line ticket (6-hour options only)
Discover Baroque churches, Mozart’s birthplace and other highlights of Salzburg’s Old Town on a private tour tailored to your needs and interests.. Your Private Guide will show you the best things to see in Salzburg and tell you its fascinating history. Fall in love with Austria’s most musical alpine town!
Book a 2-hour walking tour to get to know Salzburg in a nutshell. You will enjoy the alpine scenery as you wander around the baroque pleasure gardens of the Mirabell Palace while listening to interesting facts and myths about local history and culture. Salzburg is best known as the birthplace of Mozart and you will see his former residence, birthplace, and many monuments dedicated to this great Austrian composer. The guide will tell you all about the many famous musicians and notable citizens of Salzburg, and provide essential information about the many musical festivals organized in town. Every narrow alley and public square will surprise you with its history and beautiful Baroque architecture, such as the stunning white walls of Kollegienkirche and Salzburg Cathedral. This short tour will end in Kapitelplatz, which offers a great view of Fortress Hohensalzburg, a hilltop castle that dominates the city’s skyline.
Book a 3-hour tour to see more of Salzburg and visit Kollegienkirche (Collegiate Church) and the courtyard of St. Peter’s Abbey. The Kollegienkirche is the church of the University of Salzburg and part of the UNESCO World Heritage. Its interior will amaze you with its clean, white design and the famous organ. Another highlight of this extended tour will be a visit to the courtyards of a medieval monastery complex that has served as the spiritual heart of Salzburg for more than 1,000 years.
Book a 4-hour tour of the Old Town to visit Salzburg Cathedral, Kollegienkirche, and the courtyard of St. Peter’s Abbey. The 17th century Baroque cathedral, which stands on the site of a church built in 774, has witnessed the most important events in the city’s history. Entrance tickets to the cathedral and its museum are included in this tour, so you can step inside and admire its beautiful interior with stunning frescos, huge organ, and the baptismal font in which Mozart was baptized.
Book a 6-hour tour to get a full experience of Salzburg’s Old Town and visit its top-ranked attractions: Fortress Hohensalzburg, Salzburg Cathedral, Kollegienkirche, and the courtyard of St. Peter’s Abbey. With the all-inclusive skip-the-line tickets to Fortress Hohensalzburg you can take an exciting funicular ride up the hill and explore the historic castle and its museums without waiting in line at the ticket office. Your licensed Private Guide will tell you about the prince-bishops who lived here and show you their princely chambers, including the Golden Hall, Golden Chamber and Bedchamber. You will also see the treasures of the Fortress Museum, Rainer Regiment Museum, Marionette Museum and Armory.
- Private Walking Tour of Salzburg’s Old Town and Top Attractions (number of attractions depend on the option selected)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice
- Free entry to the Mirabell Garden (all options)
- Free entry to Kollegienkirche and the courtyard of St. Peter’s Abbey (3, 4, 6-hour options only)
- Regular tickets to Salzburg Cathedral (4 and 6-hour options only)
- All-inclusive skip-the-line tickets to Fortress Hohensalzburg via funicular (6-hour option only)
- Pickup from hotel or accommodation in the Old Town
- Entry to Mirabell Palace and St. Peter’s Abbey
- Free entry to Kollegienkirche and the courtyard of St. Peter’s Abbey (in 2-hour option)
- Regular tickets to Salzburg Cathedral (in 2 and 3-hour options)
- All-inclusive skip-the-line tickets to Fortress Hohensalzburg via funicular (in 2, 3, and 4-hour option)
- Pickup from hotel or accommodation outside the Old Town
Meet your guide in front of the Marktfrauen-Brunnen (next to St. Andrew Parish Church), Hubert-Sattler-Gasse, 5020 Salzburg, Austria.
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour
- The number of attractions depends on the selected opinion.
Mirabell Garden may be partially closed in winter time. Palace tickets are not included.
Church tours during mass and special events are limited, therefore the guide may provide all information outside.
- Admission to St. Peter’s Abbey is for courtyards only, without the church, cemetery and catacombs.
Salzburg Cathedral tickets will be purchased on spot. The regular opening hours are Monday-Saturday from 8 am to 5 pm, and on Sunday from 1 pm to 5 pm.
- Skip-the-line tickets to Fortress Hohensalzburg provide faster entry without queuing at the cash desk. Admission is for all areas of the castle complex and a round-trip funicular ride.
- Pickup service is available for accommodations in the Old Town. If you do not provide your address or it is more than 1,5 km away from the designated meeting point, the guide will meet you at Marktfrauen-Brunnen, Hubert-Sattler-Gasse, 5020 Salzburg.
Salzburg Old Town Highlights Private Walking Tour