Visit the Washington Square campus of New York University. See the main buildings of NYU’s undergraduate and graduate schools. Learn about the academics, faculty and alumni. Gain an insider’s perspective into the student life in Greenwich Village
- Visit the campus of New York University with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Explore the NYU buildings around the Washington Square Park
- Learn about NYU’s history, student culture and traditions
- Hear interesting stories about NYU’s notable faculty and alumni
- Enjoy a private tour tailored to your pace and interests
New York University is one of the top private research universities in the world, with a long, rich history and a remarkable list of notable faculty and alumni. Join us on a tour of the campus of NYU to discover interesting facts and legends about the university.
During the 2-hour tour you will explore the neighborhood and the campus of NYU. You will learn a little bit about the history of Greenwich Village, where the university is located, to understand the artsy, bohemian and LGBT-friendly atmosphere that attracts thousands of students to study here every year.
Your Private Guide will brief you on the almost 200 years of NYU’s history and show you some of the most important buildings on the Washington Square campus. This includes the NYU Law Library, the Islamic Center, Elmer Holmes Bobst Library, NYU Stern School of Business, the Silver Center for Arts and Science, and the NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development.
You will also learn about the notable faculty and alumni of NYU, which includes Nobel Laureates, Pulitzer Prize winners, U.S. governors, senators and members of the House of Representatives, Academy Award winners, billionaires, Olympic medalists etc. You might get surprised to find names such as Jack Dorsey, Martin Scorsese, and Lady Gaga on the list. Learn about the daily student life at the campus, including student organizations and secret societies. If you’re interested, you can even get some insider’s tips on the admission process! The tour will end in front of the iconic Washington Square Arch.
- Private Walking Tour of the Washington Square campus of New York University
- 5-Stars Guide with Official NYC License speaking fluently in your chosen language
- A special tour itinerary focused on the New York University
- Facts and anecdotes about the university, its faculty and alumni
- Tips on the best venues, restaurants and bars in the area
Meet your guide in front of The Church of St. Luke in the Fields, 487 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, United States Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- For the comfort of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests. If there are 26-50 in your group, we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well.
New York University Campus Private Walking Tour