Discover the architectural and artistic splendor of Munich Residenz on a guided tour of the palace interiors, the museum and treasury. Visit also the Cuvilliés Theatre and Frauenkirche, and see the best selected highlights of Munich’s Old Town!
- Visit Munich’s top attraction – the Residenz with a 5-Stars Expert Guide
- Admire the beautiful palace interiors and gardens
- Discover royal treasures and artifacts in the Treasury
- See the wonderful Cuvilliés Theatre (in 3 and 5-hour tours)
- Explore Munich’s Old Town and visit Frauenkirche (in 5-hour tour)
Join this exclusive tour to explore the nooks and crannies of the Residenz, the largest palace complex in Germany, with a Licensed Guide. Step inside to admire the stunning interiors and learn about its former inhabitants. Visit the Residenz Museum, Treasury and Cuvilliés Theatre and enjoy a walking tour of the Old Town.
Choose a basic 2-hour option to see the highlights of the Residenz – the Palace, Museum and Treasury. Follow in the footsteps of Bavarian kings, dukes and electors who served in this royal residence from 1508 to 1918. Take a journey through the periods of Renaissance, to early Baroque, to Rococo, to Neoclassicism. Admire the lavish rooms and art collections that provide the distinguished taste and political ambition of the Wittelsbach dynasty. As a museum, the Residenz explores the ages of humanism, Counter-Reformation, the Enlightenment, the divine right of kings and constitutional monarchy. In the Treasury you will find a remarkable collection of crown jewels, royal insignia, goldsmith’s works, swords, goblets and other expensive items.
The 3-hour option includes private car transfers between your accommodation in Munich and the Residenz. We will arrange a private driver to pick you up in a clean, air-conditioned vehicle. This solution is perfect when you don’t want to walk too far or use public transport. After the tour, you will be driven back to the address provided when booking.
Opt for the extended 3,5-hour to visit the Residenz and the Cuvilliés Theatre. Admire the opulence of the auditorium that Elector Maximilian Joseph III built as his “new opera house”. Hear about the lavish opera productions and the first performance of Mozart’s Idomeneo that premiered here. Explore also Hofgarten – the formal court gardens of the royal residence. See the Bavarian Government, Marstall Theater and the grand State Opera.
The 5-hour tour also includes a walking tour of Munich’s Old Town. Take a stroll from the Residenz to Odeonsplatz to see the Feldherrnhalle monument and Theatine Church, and hear about the infamous Beer Hall Putsch that took place here. Step inside the proud Frauenkirche (Munich Cathedral) and hear the legend of its Devil’s footprint. Follow your Private Guide to the city-center square Marienplatz to admire the magnificent New Town Hall as well as the Old Town Hall, Fish’s Fountain and St. Peter’s Church – the oldest church in the city.
- Private Tour of Munich Residenz, Cuvilliés Theatre and Old Town
- Licensed History Expert Guide, who is fluent in your chosen language
- Tickets to the Residenz Palace, Museum and Treasury
- Tickets to Cuvilliés Theatre (in 3,5 and 5-hour tours)
- Free entry to Frauenkirche (only in 5-hour tour)
- Car transfers with a pickup and drop-off (only in 3-hour tour)
- Transfers (in 2-hour, 3,5-hour and 5-hour tour)
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the Treasury is temporarily closed until further notice.
- The 3-hour tour includes a 1-hour transfer time between the Residenz and your accommodation in Munich.
- Please note that the transfer time quoted is for information purposes only and can take longer or shorter depending on the location of your accommodation.
Munich Residenz Palace, Museum and Treasury Private Tour