The Best Attractions in Milan’s Old Town with Private Guide
Discover the must-see sights and hidden gems of Milan’s Old Town, and immerse yourself in local history and legends. Extended options: visit the courtyards and museums of Sforza Castle and the Duomo Cathedral and Rooftops with skip-the-line tickets.
- Discover the history and legends of Milan with a 5-Star Licensed Guide
- See the best selected highlights of Milan’s Old Town
- Explore the inner courtyards of the Sforza Castle (only in 3, 4 and 6-hour options)
- Admire art collections of the Sforza Castle Museums with skip-the-line tickets (only in 4 and 6-hour options)
- Get priority access to the Duomo di Milano and its Rooftop Terrace (only in 6-hour option)
Join this exclusive tour to discover the best things to do in Milan. Follow a 5-Star Private Guide on the streets of the historic Old Town and see its most prominent landmarks. Hear the true story of the city where Leonardo da Vinci created some of his best masterpieces of art and architecture.
Choose the 2-hour option to see the best selected highlights of Milan’s Old Town.Your walking tour will begin by exploring Piazza Mercanti, the “Merchants Square” that used to be the heart of the city in the Middle Ages. Immerse yourself in stories of Milan’s past, present and future as you walk to the Chiesa di Santa Maria presso San Satiro, and marvel at the Renaissance art and gilded interiors of this 15th century church.
Another point of interest will be Piazza del Duomo with its iconic landmarks, including the magnificent Milan Cathedral (Duomo), the Royal Palace, and the elegant shopping arcade Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. Learn about Leonardo da Vinci’s contributions to the city and see his monument in front of the world’s most famous opera house, Teatro alla Scala. You will also walk along Via Brera street, which is known for its historical palaces and famous art galleries. Amazing sights await you at every turn!
Choose the 3-hour option to see more of Milan’s Old Town and explore the inner courtyards of the Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco). This 15th century fortress is one of the greatest examples of Italian Renaissance architecture, featuring the iconic Filarete Tower and other interesting details. Your Expert Guide will tell you the story of the Visconti family who built the castle to protect the city against enemies, as well as the story of when da Vinci had a workshop in one of the castle rooms.
Choose the 4-hour option to add skip-the-line tickets to the Sforza Castle Museums to your itinerary. During this extended tour you will jump ahead the queue and enter the castle interior for a guided tour of its museum exhibitions. The highlights of Sforza Castle include the last unfinished work by Michelangelo Buonarroti, Andrea Mantegna’s Trivulzio Madonna, a room painted by Leonardo da Vinci and many masterpieces by Canaletto, Titian and Tintoretto.
Choose the 6-hour option to visit Milan’s most visited attraction, the majestic Milan Cathedral and Rooftops. With skip-the-line tickets, you can use a separate entrance to enter the church without waiting in long lines to the ticket office, and take a lift to access the rooftop terrace. Feel the awe-inspiring atmosphere of one of the world’s largest Gothic cathedrals and admire the breathtaking view from the top of the rooftops.
- Private Walking Tour of Milan’s Old Town Highlights (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice
- Free admission to the Chiesa di Santa Maria presso San Satiro (all options)
- Free admission to the courtyards of the Sforza Castle (only in 3, 4 & 6-hour options)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Sforza Castle Museums (only in 4 & 6-hour options)
- Skip-the-line ticket to the Duomo Cathedral with Rooftops by lift (only in 6-hour option)
- Pickup from accomodation in MIlan’s Old Town
- Free admission to the courtyards of the Sforza Castle (in 2-hour option)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Sforza Castle Museums (in 2 and 3-hour options)
- Skip-the-line ticket to the Duomo Cathedral with Rooftops by lift (in 4 and 6-hour option)
- Pickup from accommodation outside MIlan’s Old Town
Meet your guide "in front of Statua Giuseppe Parini, Via Cordusio, 20123 Milano MI, Italy "
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Visits to the Courtyards and Museums of Sforza Castle and the Duomo Cathedral and Rooftops are not included in the basic 2-hour tour.
Church tours during scheduled events (such as the daily, Sunday and holiday masses) are limited, so parts of the building may be closed on your visit.
- It is advised to cover your shoulders and knees when visiting the churches in Milan.
- Chiesa di Santa Maria presso San Satiro has limited opening hours. The church interior is usually open daily from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Duomo include on-time entry but the reservation has to be confirmed at the ticket office. There are mandatory checks that may further delay your entry. The experience includes lift access to the rooftops, however, the descent may be via the stairs (250 steps).
Skip-the-line tickets to the Sforza Castle Museums grant you immediate entry at your booked time, without waiting in line at the ticket office. Entry may be delayed by mandatory security checks.
- Headphones/audio guide system will be provided for groups larger than 10 people in the Sforza Castle Museums, and larger than 5 people in the Duomo.
- The Sforza Castle Museums are open 6 times a week, from Tuesday to Sunday. If you book the 6-hour tour on Monday, we can replace this attraction with a visit to Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore or another attraction.
- Pickup service is available for accommodations / hotels in Milan’s Old Town. Please provide your full address when booking. The itinerary will be adjusted accordingly.
- If you do not provide your address or your accommodation is more than 1,5 km away from the designated meeting point, the guide will meet you in front of the Statua Giuseppe Parini, Via Cordusio, 20123 Milano MI, Italy.
The Best Attractions in Milan’s Old Town with Private Guide