Hear the true story of Romeo and Juliet on a private tour of Verona, the City of Love. See ancient Roman monumens and highlights of the Old Town, and visit Juliet's House and the Basilica di Santa Anastasia. Includes private transport from Milan.
- Explore the Old Town of Verona with a 5-Star Private Guide
- See ancient Roman, medieval and Gothic monuments
- Hear the true story of Romeo and Juliet and visit Juliet’s House
- Admire the beautiful Basilica di Santa Anastasia inside and out
- Enjoy private car transfers direct from your accomodation in Milan
Verona is a popular destination for a day trip from Milan. On this private tour by car you can discover a historic city with beautiful architecture and cultural heritage. Hear the true story of Romeo and Juliet and fall in love with the Italian City of Love!
This 9-hour guide-on-site tour includes private transportation from Milan to Verona with pickup and drop-off directly at your accommodation. Enjoy a hassle-free experience as you travel through Northern Italy. A Local Guide will meet you in Verona and show you the best things to do here. You will wander around Piazza Brà, Verona’s largest public square featuring the magnificent Palazzo della Gran Guardia and Verona Arena, an ancient Roman amphitheatre that is older than the Colosseum in Rome. You will also walk past Porta Leoni, an ancient Roman gate. At every turn, you will discover thousands of years of history.
William Shakespeare has lured many visitors to Verona through his plays Romeo and Juliet and The Two Gentlemen of Verona. On this tour you will have a chance to enter the inner courtyard of Juliet’s House to see the legendary balcony where a young girl is said to have cried for Romeo! You will also see the 84-meters-high Torre dei Lamberti and visit the Basilica of Saint Anastasia, Verona’s largest church in Verona with a beautiful Italian Gothic interior. Other places of interest include the old Roman arch bridge Ponte Pietra and the Verona Cathedral. The guided tour will end at Porta Borsari and you will have free time for lunch or souvenir shopping before the driver takes you back to Milan.
- Private Day Trip from Milan to Verona by Car
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice (in Verona only)
- Tickets to Basilica di Santa Anastasia
- Tickets to Juliet’s House
- Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Milan
- Lunch (optional)
Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Milan
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that Juliet’s House is open from Tuesday to Sunday, so on Mondays you will visit the Verona Cathedral instead.
- Guided tours in churches/cathedrals/basilicas during masses and scheduled events are limited. If entry is not possible, the guide will giva all information outside.
- We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a large van for groups of 5 people and more. If you’re travelling in a smaller group but want to travel in a more spacious car, we recommend booking a 5-people tour to take advantage of a larger vehicle.
- Lunch can be arranged upon request.
Romeo and Juliet in Verona Private Car Trip from Milan