Recreate the Jewish London on a private tour of the old Jewish neighborhood in East London. See historic Jewish sites, synagogues, soup kitchens, Yiddish theaters, and kosher shops. Extended option: learn about the Holocaust at the Imperial War Museum.
- Explore Jewish London with a 5-Star Jewish Expert Guide
- Discover Jewish heritage sites in the Spitalfields area
- See the Bevis Marks Synagogue (exterior only)
- Learn about Jewish history, culture and traditions
- See the Holocaust Galleries at the Imperial War Museum (only in 4-hour tour)
Discover the rich Jewish heritage in East End London with a Local Guide who is an expert on Jewish history. See historic sites where the Jewish community once thrived, meet notable British Jews and immerse yourself in the Jewish Story of London. Enjoy a special itinerary customized to your needs and interests.
Join the 2-hour walking tour to see the Jewish London. Your tour begins with the story of the Jewish at the Tower of London which was both a place of imprisonment and of refuge for hundreds of Jews during the expulsion of the Anglo-Jewry in the 12th-13th century. During this tour you will learn about the history of anti-Jewish violence in medieval England, but also about the time when the Jewish community thrived here.
The live commentary will help you create a map of the synagogues, soup kitchens, Yiddish theaters, and kosher shops that served London’s Jewish immigrants, especially in the 19th-20th century. Follow your Guide to Bevis Marks Synagogue, which is the country’s oldest Jewish place of worship. Discover its rich history and the role it played in the lives of the local community since its first opening in 1701. Explore also the area around the Old Spitalfields Market, which is where many Jews lived, worked and prayed at the Sandy row synagogue.
Choose the 4-hour tour to dive deeper into the tragic story of the Holocaust. This option includes a visit to the Imperial War Museum, which houses London’s new Holocaust Galleries. We provide public transport tickets to get to the museum. Enjoy a special tour during which you will discover individual stories from some of the 6 million Jewish people who were murdered during the course of WWII in ghettos and concentration camps across Europe.
- Private guided tour of London’s old Jewish neighborhood (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- Jewish History Expert Guide who is fluent in chosen language
- Lots of information about the Anglo-Jewish history and culture
- Free admission to the Holocaust Galleries at the Imperial War Museum (only in 4-hour option)
- Public transport tickets (only in 4-hour option)
- Visit to the Holocaust Galleries at the Imperial War Museum (in 2-hour option)
- Public transport tickets (in 2-hour option)
Meet your guide in front of the Cheval Three Quays, 40 Lower Thames St, London EC3R 6AG, UK. Please do not enter the hotel, it is only a meeting point and the reception is not informed about the tour.
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions included in the itinerary depends on the selected option. Public transport tickets and entry to the Holocaust Galleries are not included in the basic 2-hour option.
- The 4-hour option requires the use of public transport at (London underground or bus) to get to some of the sites. For your convenience, we will provide all necessary tickets.
Private Jewish History Tour in London