See the world-famous paintings by Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Titan, Vincent van Gogh and other Western-European masters on a guided tour of the National Gallery. Extended options: private transport and a visit to the renowned British Museum.
- Discover the treasures of the National Gallery with a 5-Star Expert Art Guide
- See world-famous pieces of art by da Vinci, van Gogh, Raphael and more
- Learn art history, especially Old Masters and Impressionism
- Discover highlights of the National Gallery (4 and 5,5-hour options only)
- Enjoy the comfort of a round-trip transfer by private car (3,5 and 5,5-hour options only)
The National Gallery is one of the most visited art museums in the world and a must-do when you are in London. Discover the highlights of its remarkable collection with an Expert Art Guide to hear amazing stories about your favorite Western European painters from the 13th to the 19th centuries. Enter the world of art, creativity and inspiration!
Book a 2-hour guided tour of the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square, London. This famous art museum houses a national collection of roughly 2,300 paintings by 750 artists from the Western European tradition from the 13th to the 19th centuries. Even people with limited art knowledge will recognise the museum’s highlights, such as the iconic Sunflowers by Vincent Van Gogh or The Virgin of the Rocks by Leonardo da Vinci. As you explore galleries, corridors and staircases filled with beautiful art, your Expert Guide will take you on a journey through centuries of art history. Learn about the artists, their styles and techniques, as well as their muses, from Greek gods to Tudor diplomats. You will have the full attention of your Private Guide, so you can freely ask questions and choose the topics that interest you the most. Feel the power of art as a story device!
Choose the 3,5-hour option to enjoy a round-trip transfer from your accommodation to the National Gallery. We will organize a 5-Star Driver and a clean, air-conditioned vehicle for your pickup and drop–off at the accommodation address provided when booking. This option includes private transfers exclusively for you and your group of friends/family, so you don’t have to worry about sharing.
Book the extended 4-hour tour to visit the National Gallery and the British Museum with an Expert Guide, who will make the experience so much better. The British Museum houses one of the world’s greatest collections of rare historical, cultural and architectural objects from Ancient Egypt, Africa, Oceania, Asia, Middle East, the Americas and Europe, including ancient Greece and Rome. See highlights such as the Rosetta Stone of Egypt and immerse yourself in world history, archeology and ethnography!
Choose the 5,5-hour option to enjoy an exclusive 4-hour guided tour of the National Gallery and the British Museum with an estimated 1,5-hour round-trip transfer from your accommodation. Private car transfers are a great way to save time and effort, making it easy and convenient to get to the meeting point from anywhere in London. This option includes pickup and drop-off service, transfer to the National Gallery and transfer back from the British Museum. Transfer between the British Museum and the National Gallery is not included.
- Private History Tour of the National Gallery and the British Museum (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- Licensed Expert Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice
- Free admission to the main exhibition in the National Gallery (all options)
- Free admission to the main exhibition in the British Museum (4 and 5,5-hour options only)
- Round-trip transfer by private car with pickup and drop-off service (3,5 and 5,5-hour options only)
- Free admission to the main exhibition in the British Museum (2 and 3,5-hour options)
- Round-trip transfer by private car with pickup and drop-off service (2 and 5-hour options)
Meet your guide In front of the George Washington Statue, 44 Trafalgar Sq, London WC2N 5DN, United Kingdom
Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in London
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information.
- Please note that private car transfers and the British Museum are not included in a 2-hour option.
- Free admission to the National Gallery and British Museum includes permanent exhibitions only. You will need to buy tickets (online or on site) to see the temporary exhibitions.
- Due to gallery regulations, 1 licensed guide can lead a group of 1-11 people, so the price will be higher if you need more than 1 guide.
- The 3,5- and 5,5-hour options include an estimated 1,5-hour round-trip transfer between the meeting point and your accommodation. Transfer between the National Gallery and the British Museum is not included. Transfer time will vary depending on the distance and traffic.
- We will arrange transfers in a standard car (sedan) for 1-4 people, and in a larger van for groups of 5 and more. Book a 5-people tour for a larger vehicle.
British Museum and National Gallery Private Guided Tour