Graz: Highlights Old Town Private Walking Tour
Explore the world heritage sites and hidden gems of Graz Old Town with a 5-Star Private Guide. See unique churches, Graz Opera, Graz Castle, and more. Extended options: visit Graz Cathedral, Landeszeughaus, and Gaz Museum in Schlossberg.
- Explore Graz Old Town on a walking tour with 5-Star Licensed Guide
- Immerse yourself in local history and climb up the double spiral staircase of the Burg
- Visit the beautiful Graz Cathedral (3, 4 and 6-hour options only)
- Save time with skip-the-line tickets to Landeszeughaus (4 and 6-hour options only)
- Discover the treasures of Graz Museum Schlossberg and Burggarten (6-hour option only)
Get to know Graz inside out with a Licensed Local Guide. Explore the historic center, which is inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List and discover its most important monuments. Immerse yourself in local history and legends!
Choose the 2-hour option to discover the best selected highlights of Graz. On this walking tour you will explore the beautiful churches, palaces and monuments of the Old Town, such as the Church of Trinity and Palais Khuenburg. Feel the lively atmosphere of the old Market Square and admire Rathaus while learning about the political, social and economic life of Graz. You will see the famous Oper Graz, which is the second largest opera house in Austria, the 17th century Mausoleum of Kaiser Ferdinands II, and the 15th century Cathedral. The guide will help you find a secret double staircase in the Burg, which you can climb up to enjoy an optical illusion and views. The tour will end at the elegant Sporgasse street
Choose the 3-hour option to enter the Graz Cathedral, the crown jewel of churches in Graz. This is your chance to discover the cathedral’s amazing royal-imperial architecture, inconspicuous from the outside but with many treasures hidden inside. Admire its rare Gothic fresco paintings and other artworks. On this extended tour you will also head uphill to the iconic Clock Tower, one of the most important symbols of Graz. For an additional fee, your Licensed Guide can take you to the top of the tower for unparalleled views of the city.
4-hours version will give you an unique opportunity of exploring the fascinating collections of the Landeszeughaus. Avoid long queues easily with skip-the-line ticket. Discover the exhibitions on four floors and approximately 2,000 square meters of space to see 32,000 exhibits dating back from the 15th to 18th centuries. It’s a really fascinating experience, not only for history lovers!
Join 6-hours version to visit the Schlossberg branch of the Graz Museum and learn the history of the Graz even more thoroughly. This fascinating place has a very wide and varied collection of exhibits, so discover the fascinating secrets of the city! Walk around the Schlossberg and have an additional visit at the Burggarten as well. Wander through the idyllic parks and explore the garden’s main highlight – the beautiful Orangery.
- Private Walking Tour of Graz Old Town Highlights (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice
- Free admission to Graz Cathedral (3, 4 and 6-hour options only)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Landeszeughaus (4 and 6-hour options only)
- Regular tickets to Graz Muzeum Schlossberg and free admission to Burggarten (6-hour option only)
- Pick Up from accommodation in Graz Old Town
- Free admission to Graz Cathedral (in 2-hour option)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Landeszeughaus (in 2 and 3-hour options)
- Regular tickets to Graz Muzeum Schlossberg and free admission to Burggarten (in 2, 3 and 4-hour option)
- Entrance fee to Clock Tower (optional, 2 eur payable to the guide)
- Pickup from accommodation outside Graz Old Town
Meet your guide in front of the Gratia bookstore, Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Kai 14, 8010 Graz, Austria Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Admissions to Graz Cathedral, Landeszeughaus and Grazmuseum Schlossberg are not included in the 2-hour option.
- The Graz Cathedral is usually closed for visitors on Saturdays and Sundays. Church tours during scheduled events (such as the Sunday, daily and holiday masses) are limited, so parts or the entire church building may be closed at the time of your visit. At such times, you will only see it from the outside.
- The Clock Tower can be visited only with a Licensed Guide. The entrance fee is 2 euro p.p., which you can pay directly to your guide. Lift access costs additional 2 euro p.p.
- Skip-the-line tickets to Landeszeughaus allow you to enter faster without purchasing tickets on the spot, but you may have to wait in line for ticket validation and security checks.\
- Pickup service is available for accommodations / hotels in Graz Old Town. Please provide your full address when booking. The itinerary will be adjusted accordingly.
- If you do not provide your address or your accommodation is more than 1,5 km away from the designated meeting point, the guide will meet you in front of the Gratia bookstore, Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Kai 14, 8010 Graz, Austria.
Graz: Highlights Old Town Private Walking Tour