Skip-the-line San Marco Museum and Old Town Private Tour
Discover the treasures of San Marco Museum with a Private Art Guide! Explore the largest collection of sacred art in Florence housed in a medieval Dominican convent. Extended options: private transport and Old Town tour with entry to the Cathedral.
- Visit San Marco Museum with a 5-Star Private Guide
- See the largest collection of sacred art in Florence
- Learn about art and the medieval Dominican Monastery of St Mark
- Explore the highlights of Florence and visit its majestic Cathedral (4 and 5-hour options only)
- Enjoy private transport with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3 and 5-hour options only)
Join our passionate Art Guide on a private tour of Museo Nazionale di San Marco (San Marco Museum), the most important museum of sacred art in Florence. Explore the galleries of a medieval Dominican monastery filled with beautiful frescos, paintings and altarpieces from the pre-Renaissance period. Discover a hidden gem of Florence!
Choose the 2-hour option to visit San Marco Museum with a Private Guide. The museum is housed in the former convent of San Marco, of which only the church remains an active place of worship. It’s a beautiful building right next to Florence University, built in the 15th century by the architect Michelozzo. Inside, you will find the most extensive collection of works of Fra Angelico, an Early Renaissance artist who was described as having “a rare and perfect talent”. The museum also houses an impressive collection of sacred art, with a sweeping fresco by Giovanni Antonio Sogliani, the Last Supper by Domenico Ghirlandaio, and many works of Mariotto Albertinelli. It’s a must-see for everyone interested in the history and art of Florence.
Choose the 3-hour option to book private transportation with your guided tour of Museo Nazionale di San Marco. This option includes a round-trip transfer between the museum and your Florence accommodation in a private vehicle with a 5-Star Driver. Enjoy the convenient pickup and drop-off service, saving you time and effort.
Choose the 4-hour option to visit San Marco Museum and see other architectural masterpieces of Florence’s Old Town. On this extended tour you will visit the Florence Cathedral (Duomo), which is adorned with beautiful art inside and out. See the famous Neptune’s Fountain, a replica of Michelangelo’s David, the The Last Judgement by Vasari and Zuccari, and more. Your Private Guide will also show you the Medici Palace, Basilica of San Lorenzo, Piazza della Repubblica and Palazzo Vecchio in Piazza della Signoria. The final stp will be the picturesque Vecchio Bridge.
Choose the 5-hour option to add private transportation to the 4-hour tour. Take advantage of the convenient pickup and drop-off service by private vehicle to avoid public transport and walk less. Simply provide your accommodation address when booking, and we will arrange transfers for your tour. Enjoy a hassle-free experience!
- Private Guided Tour of San Marco Museum, Florence Cathedral and the Old Town (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in your chosen language
- Tickets to San Marco Museum (all options)
- Old Town Tour with free entry to Florence Cathedral (4 and 5-hour options only)
- Private transport with pickup and drop-off at accommodation (3 and 5-hour options only)
- Old Town Tour with free entry to Florence Cathedral (in 2 and 3-hour options)
- Private transport with pickup and drop-off at accommodation (in 2 and 4-hour options)
Meet your guide in front of Le Due Fontane Hotel, Piazza della Santissima Annunziata, 14, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy. Please do not enter the hotel, it is only a meeting point.
Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Florence
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Private car transfers and the Old Town tour with entry to Florence Cathedral are not in the 2-hour option.
- Skip-the-line tickets to San Marco Museum grant you priority admission so you will not have to wait in long lines to buy tickets on-site. Tickets can be collected at the ticket booth 15 minutes before the booked entry time, so it’s important to arrive on time. You may have to wait in line for ticket validation and mandatory security checks.
- Free entry to Florence Cathedral (Duomo) is only for the main church, excluding the dome, baptistry, bell tower, museum and ancient basilica. The Cathedral can be visited every day between 10AM and 5PM. During the peak season, the line to enter may be 1 hour long so due to time constraints, this attraction may be removed from the itinerary at the guide’s discretion. Guided tours during masses and scheduled events are also limited, so if entry is not possible, the guide will provide all information outside.
- It is advised to cover your shoulders and knees when visiting churches in Florence.
- The 3- and 5-hour options include an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer between the meeting point and your accommodation address provided when booking. Please note that the transfer time quoted is for information purposes only and can take longer or shorter depending on the distance and traffic.
- We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a larger van or minibus for groups of 5 people and more. If you’re traveling in a smaller group but want to travel in a more spacious car, we recommend booking a 5-people tour to take advantage of a larger vehicle.
- For the comfort of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests. If there are 26-50 people in your group, we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well.
Skip-the-line San Marco Museum and Old Town Private Tour