Skip-the-line Barcelona Cathedral with Private Guide
Get close and personal with the iconic Barcelona Cathedral with skip-the-line tickets and a dedicated Private Guide. See the highlights of the Gothic Quarter. Extended options: private car transfers and the Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar.
- Visit the Cathedral of Barcelona with a 5-Star Private Guide
- Save time with skip-the-line tickets and see the cathedral, choir, rooftop, cloister, and the art gallery
- Explore the Gothic Quarter and its ancient and medieval history
- Discover the legends of the Basílica de Santa Maria del Mar (4 and 5-hour options only)
- Book private car transfers from your accommodation (3 and 5-hour options only)
Join this private tour of the Gothic Quarter to discover one of Barcelona’s most historically, culturally and architecturally important churches: the Cathedral of the Holy Cross and Saint Eulalia. Churches are not only a place of worship but also a treasure trove of local history, culture and traditions. Let us show you the essence of Gothic Catalonia and its top-ranked attractions!
Book a 2-hour tour to visit the magnificent Barcelona Cathedral with skip-the-line tickets to the church and its choir entrance, rooftop, cloister, and the art gallery in the Chapter Hall. Before your visit you will enjoy a short walking tour of the Old Town. Your Private Guide will meet you in the lively Plaça de Catalunya and guide you through the maze of narrow, winding alleys of the Gothic Quarter.. The Cathedral is located in the heart of Barcelona’s oldest neighborhood, surrounded by the ruins of the ancient Roman city walls, defensive towers and aqueducts.
You can skip the queues at the entrance, but first, take a moment to admire. allow you to just skim past the crowd and walk straight inside, but first, take a moment to admire the Cathedral’s stunning Gothic architecture with a roof featuring gargoyles in the form of various domestic and mythical animals. Inside, the guide will show you a gallery of sacred art, expensive Gothic altarpieces, and the famous Chapel of Saint Christ of Lepanto. You will learn interesting facts about the most significant elements of the temple and hear the legend of Saint Eulalia, the Cathedral’s patron. You will also visit the secluded Gothic cloister where ducks are kept and the rooftop, which offers a spectacular panoramic view of Barcelona.
Choose the 3-hour option to add private car transfers with pickup and drop-off to your tour. This option includes skip-the-line tickets to the Barcelona Cathedral and a convenient 1-hour round-trip transfer between the meeting point and your accommodation. We will organize a 5-Star Driver and a clean, air-conditioned vehicle for your pickup and drop-off after the tour.
Book a 4-hour tour to visit the Barcelona Cathedral and the second most visited church in the Gothic Quarter: the Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar. Skip-the-line tickets to both attractions are included to save time. Inside the basilica you will see its museum, crypts, stand and the roof terraces. Admire the historic Gothic church that inspired the best-selling novel “Cathedral of the Sea” and explore its turbulent history, which was marked by events such the Catalan Earthquake, the Spanish War of Succession, and the Spanish Civil War. You will see more highlights of the Gothic Quarter, such as the Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi, the Bishop’s Bridge and the landmark city square Plaça de Sant Jaume with the Palau de la Generalitat.
Choose the 5-hour option to book a 1-hour round-trip transfer with a 4-hour walking tour of the Gothic Quarter, Barcelona Cathedral and the Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar. This option includes pickup and drop-off at your hotel or accommodation by private car. Book in advance to give yourself a piece of mind without the worry about finding the meeting point on your own.
- Private Tour of the Barcelona Cathedral, Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar and Gothic Quarter (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in your chosen language
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Cathedral of Barcelona (all options)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar (4 and 5-hour options only)
- Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation by private car (3 and 5-hour options only)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar (in 2 and 3-hour options)
- Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation by private car (in 2 and 4-hour options)
Meet your guide in front of the Hard Rock Cafe, Pl. de Catalunya, 21, 08002 Barcelona, Spain. Please do not enter the building, it is only a meeting point. (in 2 and 4-hour options)
Pickup and drop off at your accommodation in Barcelona (3 and 5-hour options only)
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the option selected. Private car transfers and tickets to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar are not included in the 2-hour tour.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Cathedral of Barcelona are reserved for a specific time slot so it’s important to arrive at the meeting point on time. You can skip the queue at the ticket office. Admission includes the cathedral with the choir entrance, chapter hall and rooftop terrace. Due to limited space, the guide will not go up to the rooftop terrace with you.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar provide faster entry without queuing at the ticket office, but you may have to wait for ticket validation. Admission includes the basilica with the crypt, stand and rooftop terrace.
- Guided tours inside the churches during masses and scheduled events are limited. If entry is not possible, the guide will provide all information outside.
- Due to the Cathedral’s rules, 1 licensed guide can show a group of 1-2 people, so the price of the tour will be higher if you need more than 1 guide.
- The 3- and 5-hour options include an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer time between the meeting point and the accommodation address provided when booking. Please note that the transfer time quoted is for information purposes only and can take longer or shorter depending on the distance and traffic.
- We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a larger van for groups of 5 people and more. If you’re traveling in a smaller group but want to travel in a more spacious car, we recommend booking a 5-people tour to take advantage of a larger vehicle.
Skip-the-line Barcelona Cathedral with Private Guide