Milan’s Old Town and Top Attractions by Private Car
Discover the must-see sights and hidden gems of Milan on the most comprehensive city tour by private car. See Teatro alla Scala, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II and more. Extended options: visit the Sforza Castle and the Duomo with skip-the-line tickets.
- Explore Milan’s Old Town by car with a 5-Star Private Guide
- See highlights of the city and immerse yourself in local history
- Immerse yourself in history and art at the Sforza Castle Museums (only in 6 and 7-hour tours)
- Visit the iconic Duomo and its Rooftops with skip-the-line tickets (only in 7-hour tour)
- Walk less thanks to private car transfers between the sites
Milan is full of wonders that can be easily overlooked if you have limited time for long walks, so join this original tour by private car to discover the best sights of the capital of Lombardy! Explore the city by car with a 5-Star Local Guide who is a master storyteller. Let us take you on a half- or full-day adventure in Milan!
Choose the 3-hour option to see the best selected highlights of Milan’s Old Town. Your tour begins with a convenient pickup direct from your accommodation, so you won’t even have to worry about finding the meeting point. Stop at the public square Piazza Mercanti to admire medieval buildings, temporary exhibits and markets, then head to the lively Piazza Duomo. Marvel at the elegant 19th century arcade Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, the Royal Palace and the iconic Duomo Cathedral. At every turn you will learn something new about Milan, its history, culture and citizens. See the monument to Leonardo da Vinci and the famous opera house La Scala. The final stop will be at the inner courtyards of the Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco), allowing you to admire its magnificent architecture and the neighboring Sempione Park.
Choose the 6-hour option to enhance your experience with a visit to the Sforza Castle Museums. Thanks to skip-the-line tickets you can avoid the queues and head straight for the entrance. The 14th century fortress is a treasure trove of history and art, with collections of armory, antique furniture, decorative arts, musical instruments and more. See the last unfinished work by Michelangelo Buonarroti, Andrea Mantegna’s Trivulzio Madonna and masterpieces by Canaletto, Titian and Tintoretto. The extended route also includes stops by the ancient Roman Walls in front of the imposing Basilica San Lorenzo Maggiore, and the Arco di Porta Ticinese by the dock on Milanese canals.
Choose the 7-hour option to also visit Milan’s top attraction, the Duomo. We provide skip-the-line tickets for the Cathedral, including lift access to the Rooftops. Explore its awe-inspiring interior filled with monuments and artworks, such as the famous Saint Bartholomew Flayed. Take the lift to the rooftops to fully appreciate the Gothic spires and pinnacles adorned with hundreds of statues, like the iconic golden Madonnina. The views are breathtaking, on a clear day reaching as far as the snow-capped peaks of the Alps!
- Guided Tour of Milan’s Old Town and Top Attractions by Private Car (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
- 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in your chosen language
- Free admission to the Sforza Castle Courtyards
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Sforza Castle Museums (6 and 7-hour options only)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Duomo with Rooftops by lift (7-hour option only)
- Private car transfers with a pickup and drop-off at your accommodation
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Sforza Castle Museums (in 3-hour option)
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Duomo with Rooftops by lift (in 3 and 6-hour options)
Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Milan
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
- Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Tickets to the Sforza Castle and the Duomo are not included in the basic 3-hour tour.
- Headphones/microphone systems will be provided for groups larger than 10 people in the Sforza Castle Museums and larger than 5 people in the Duomo.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Duomo include on-time entry but the reservation will have to be confirmed at the ticket office. There are mandatory checks that may further delay your entry. The experience includes lift access to the rooftops, however, the descent may be via the stairs (250 steps).
- Church tours during scheduled events (such as the daily, Sunday and holiday masses) are limited, so parts of the building may be closed on your visit.
- It is advised to cover your shoulders and knees when visiting the churches in Milan.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Sforza Castle Museums grant you immediate entry at your booked time, without waiting in line at the ticket office. Entry may be delayed by mandatory security checks.
- We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a larger van or minibus for groups of 5 people and more. If you’re traveling in a smaller group but want to travel in a more spacious car, we recommend booking a 5-people tour to take advantage of a larger vehicle.
Milan’s Old Town and Top Attractions by Private Car