Linz Old Town Highlights Private Walking Tour
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Upper Austria's capital of culture and art - Linz! Discover the city’s historic charm by visiting the Old Cathedral, the main square, Castle Park, New Cathedral and more! Enjoy outstanding sights with live commentary.
- Fall in love with the historic Linz Old Town with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Explore the stunning streets and main square of Linz
- Enjoy the lovely view of the Danube river at the Castle Park
- Visit the most stunning churches – the Old Cathedral and the New Cathedral
- Learn the history of Linz and Upper Austria at the visit to the Nordico Stadtmuseum and the Castle Museum
Join us on the most informative and personal tour of the charming Old Town of Linz. You will explore the most historically relevant and architecturally interesting buildings. There is an incredible amount of history and culture to discover in Linz, so let your Private Guide lead you on an adventure.
The 2-hours walking tour will start at the Baroque highlight of Linz’s city center – the Old Cathedral. The monumental 17th-century church marks the city’s skyline with its two towers topped with onion domes. You will step inside to admire its lavish interiors, with elaborately detailed wooden pulpit and high altar decorated with marble statues and a fabulous painting of Saint Aloysius.
Next, your Local Expert-Guide will show you around the iconic main square, Hauptplatz. Here, among some of the stylish white and pastel buildings you will see the Old Town Hall, the Feichtinger House with its carillon, the Kirchmayr House and the Schmidberger House. Right in the center of the bustling town square you will spot the white marble Holy Trinity Column, which was erected in the 18th-century as a monument of gratitude for protecting the city from the last great wave of plague in Central Europe.
You will then explore the relaxing Castle Park with its stunning view on the Danube River, and head to the Landhaus, a magnificent 16th-century Renaissance building. The walking tour will end on the site of Austria’s largest church, the monolithic neo gothic New Cathedral.
Choose the 3-hours option if you’d like to step inside the New Cathedral, also known as Mariendom. You will marvel at the gorgeous interior design, with a fantastic altar, crypts, hand carved wood details and many exquisite stained glass windows that can be studied for hours. You will also take a walk through the Bauernberg Park to see its several monuments.
During the 4-hours option you will also visit the Nordico Stadtmuseum, which is only a few steps away from the Old Cathedral. This family-friendly museum hosts varied temporary exhibitions on the history and culture of Linz. Among some of its treasures, you will discover old collections of photographs, antique pieces of furniture, art referencing the city and other interesting exhibits.
Choose the 6-hours option to visit the Upper Austrian Provincial Museum located right in the Linz Castle. Here, you will get an understanding of how Linz, once primarily an industrial centre, became a pioneer in culture, art and technology. You will visit the museum’s top attraction, the permanent exhibitions on the artistic and cultural history of Upper Austria from the Neolithic Age up to the 20th-century.
- Private Walking Tour of the best selected highlights of Linz Old Town
- 5-Stars Guide with Official Linz License speaking fluently in chosen language
- Visit at the Old Cathedral (in 2, 3, 4 and 6-hours options)
- Visit at the New Cathedral (in 3, 4 and 6-hours options)
- Ticket to the Nordico Stadtmuseum (in 4 and 6-hours options)
- Tcket to the Castle Museum (in 6-hours option)
- Pickup from your accommodation located in Linz Old Town
In front of the UniCredit Bank Austria AG, Hauptpl. 27, 4020 Linz, Austria. Please DO NOT ENTER the building it is only a meeting point. Open in Google Maps
What you should know
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
- Pickup service means that your Private Guide will meet you at your accommodation located in Linz Old Town. If your accommodation is located more than 1,5 km away from the meeting point then the tour itinerary might be changed accordingly.
- If you have provided your accomodation address when booking, it means for us that you want to meet your guide at your accommodation located in Leipzig Old Town
- Please note that the Old Cathedral is open daily from 7 AM to noon, and then from 3 PM to 7 PM. If you book your tour outside of these hours, sightseeing will take place only on the outside
- Please note that the New Cathedral is open daily from 7:30 AM to 7 PM. If you book your tour outside of these hours, sightseeing will take place only on the outside
Linz Old Town Highlights Private Walking Tour